It is Christmas Eve morning. It is actually snowing again! I have posted about being snowed in and the "joys" of it. It is small potatoes compared to what others have to go through of course.
I figured it was all okay for Christmas. Now here is the update, I had to postpone having everyone over on Christmas day, kinda sucks but it will be all right. Had to cancel Riley's birthday plans but that turned out really well. She had her friend from across the street over for dinner. Bob brought home pizzas, cake and ice cream. Sid made her a cool banner to hang up and she had lots of presents and cards to open. Made it thru that. Bob got called by the railroad yesterday while he was at his Costco job and they needed him to work today. Okay, Christmas Eve, we can't go anywhere anyway and he'll be home by 5:00 tonight, right?? WRONG. He called this morning to tell me he may not be home until late tonight, will have to work on Christmas day and the rest of the weekend. The railroad is in the same predicament as everything else around here, planes, buses, trash trucks, UPS trucks, on and on. He is working with emergency crews to get the trains moving again, tracks cleared and repaired. He could not say no since he is new and he hasn't worked for them for almost two weeks.
Like I told my Seattle family, I love living here but not right now... at all.
I miss my AZ family so much and am not excited about having Christmas with out them let alone my husband. If the girls were little it would be fun because I could do the whole Santa excitement thing. But they are older and not as exciting as they used to be. Add to it that they are disappointed about their dad not being around too much. Talk about a pity party... I know all the things about being grateful and trust me I am. But I still don't have to like my situation. It will pass and I will look forward to February when we fly to AZ.
The true reason for Christmas is not lost on me. I am not that selfish. I am truly appreciative that I have my faith, my health, my family's health and a warm roof over my head. I know this is all about the birth of our savior. I have never lost sight of that. I think being cooped up for six hundred days straight has me feeling a bit weepy and insane at this point.
My family here in Seattle has been AWESOME. Putting up with me, keeping me in the loop, sharing their crazy cabin fever stories, invites, etc. LOVE them and am grateful that I have them.
I have some friends that are not going to have the greatest Christmas because of loss and family situations that all came about this year. I would never put myself in the category that they are in. How dare I complain when I know they are suffering through the holidays and trying to be brave for the family around them. I don't know if I would have it in me to even have Christmas, they are the strong ones.
I will try to wrap this up now with insight and gratitude. My uncle sent me a nice e mail and I will take his advice. "Cozy on up by the fireplace and just abide in God’s grace!" It really is just about that. Thanks Uncle L.D. Merry Christmas to you all.
p.s. these are pictures I took on a walk around our neighborhood the other day. It is beautiful isn't it?
12.24.2008
Merry Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
December
(32)
- No title
- Highlights of 2008
- Prepare for '09- Shop now!
- Better than Christmas
- What day is it?
- Be On Your Way Santa
- A Brighter Outlook
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Birthday to you Dear Riley
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Define Snow
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Cold and Snowy Day
- Riley's Winter Holiday Concert
- Riley
- Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
- Sore Throat vs. Self Inflicted Strangling
- Snowy Sunday
- This just in from the weather service
- Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is ...
- Things are Speeding Up
- Being a Parent Means Being Fair
- Nothing Earth Shattering
- A Crafty Christmas
- New Technology
- Putting up the Lights
- Pearl Harbor
- Learning or Relearning
- A Day Just Like Any Other
- Blog in a Fog
- Yes, I woke this morning with a headache. What els...
- Happy First Day of December
-
▼
December
(32)
1 comments:
(((((((((cyber hugs)))))))))
It is so hard to keep a sense of humor, isn't it? I am so sorry I won't get to see all your Christmas prep tomorrow but look forward to making up for that sometime soon. May the Chianti angel bless you again. Your girls sound like troopers too. It is wonderful of Bob to agree to the efforts needed to keep others moving through the snow. You all are earning stars in heaven. This will be a Christmas to remember.
-Jennifer
Post a Comment