12.18.2008

Cold and Snowy Day



Burrrrrrrrrrrrr. The high today was about 30. It started snowing at about 7:00 p.m. last night. A mix of freezing rain, hail and snow. Continued with snow and thunder and snowed all day. Girls had fun in the cold white stuff with friends.
Sid took the top picture of the trees, I think it turned out beautiful.
Bob's work party is tomorrow so I had to brave the elements and go to the grocery store. It went fairly well till I got home and couldn't get into the driveway until Bob came out and shoveled the driveway. So now I have two casserole dishes full of chicken enchiladas. One for Bob's party and one for us. I got a new Cuisinart and it was a great help. The girls will have another snow day tomorrow I am sure. No official announcement but its still pretty snowy and the roads will get icy tonight as it is supposed to be in the mid to low 20's. Supposed to get my hair cut tomorrow morning but am thinking that probably wont happen. I can survive another few days with my thick unmanageable Pantene like hair. If it isn't vital then I don't need to be out, nor do I want to. The news was full of footage showing the freeways looking like parking lots, transit buses stranded, people stranded in their cars, etc. I'd rather not be a part of the evening news.
My cold seems to be packing it's bags and hitting the road. I have been sleeping downstairs on the couch because it has a recliner and I can sleep sitting up. I tried to cough up a lung the other night and it's just not pretty.
One really bright spot of my day occured quite early. I had the pleasure of talking to my dear sweet Beth for about an hour. She is in theater and gets home late so she is wide awake in the wee hours. I was too, having just put my lung back where it belongs. That made my day today.
My oldest daughter is sitting next to me on her laptop and she has her pet Gopher snake wrapped around her neck. I am hoping the snake doesn't become a Boa Constrictor and decide to squeeze the life out of the 14 year old. Even tho she is a teenager, I still like her and want her around.
Off to finish the dishes from my culinary excursion. Stay warm everyone.

0 comments: