
It's amazing what can happen in a day. Nothing earth shattering like snow being gone but none the less good things. It finally stopped snowing for a while and began raining. This is good news. Warmer temps and rain is the key here. My sister had been asking if I had gotten any packages from her and I had to keep telling her no. UPS cannot come into my neighborhood! It's not safe!
Riley had her buddy over all day today and I did some chores and talked on the phone all day. I was downstairs in the laundry room and heard the doorbell. Sid came down a few minutes later with a box. She said she saw the UPS guy on foot and it was one of my sister's boxes. I opened it right away. It was a web cam!!!
Sid and I had just been talking about how cool it would be to have one since my sister has one. Well... there you go!!! We hooked it up and have already spent some time in Arizona tonight!!! There was a knock on the door about an hour later and another package from my sister! I wont tell you what was in it until after Christmas but let's just say it made my whole Christmas.
Bob called at about 4:30 and said he was on his way and may not have to work on Christmas day. The rain in Seattle did a lot to help the rail situation so he might get to be home for Christmas day. Sid and I are in the living room sitting on the couch by the tree and just heard the loudest "swoosh". Melting snow slipping down the roof and onto the ground! This is excellent. A bit more of this and I will begin to feel the shackles loosening. Hurrah...
I will finish up the stockings and gifts from Santa in a while and go to bed. The girls have already made plans to be up by 7:00 or so. I had better have a steaming cup o' joe waiting with Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha creamer in it, or there will be no Christmas!
12.24.2008
A Brighter Outlook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
December
(32)
- No title
- Highlights of 2008
- Prepare for '09- Shop now!
- Better than Christmas
- What day is it?
- Be On Your Way Santa
- A Brighter Outlook
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Birthday to you Dear Riley
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Define Snow
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Cold and Snowy Day
- Riley's Winter Holiday Concert
- Riley
- Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
- Sore Throat vs. Self Inflicted Strangling
- Snowy Sunday
- This just in from the weather service
- Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is ...
- Things are Speeding Up
- Being a Parent Means Being Fair
- Nothing Earth Shattering
- A Crafty Christmas
- New Technology
- Putting up the Lights
- Pearl Harbor
- Learning or Relearning
- A Day Just Like Any Other
- Blog in a Fog
- Yes, I woke this morning with a headache. What els...
- Happy First Day of December
-
▼
December
(32)
0 comments:
Post a Comment