12.09.2008

Nothing Earth Shattering


Happened today. The best part of my day was that my dear sweet friend called me to tell me she is buying a house. This is a HUGE thing for her. I am excited for her and the improvements she will make on it will be great. I know the love of her family and support of her (our) friends will turn it from just a house into a home in no time. The only thing I can say for sure to her is that the thought of moving makes me throw up in my mouth a little...
We were supposed to go to Bellevue tonight to "Snowflake Lane" but it's really cold and really rainy and our little cousin Nat is not feeling well. We will postpone for another night. I finished more of the house holiday decor today, it's coming along. I am just having a little bit of a hard time getting motivated. I am looking forward to Christmas in WA but so much of everything that I normally do for the holidays is a non issue now. The clients at the shop, their holiday headache stories, the gifts, the baked goods that I don't need but love and more important than anything is my family. I will miss them beyond belief. So, a little holiday, sun deprivation, beauty school blues. I always love decorating for Christmas but since this rental is not my dream home by any stretch of the imagination, that has me slowly walking in circles. The time I spend on the computer is my escape as well as my connection to all that is familiar. I miss lots of things I guess. I try not to dwell on what I miss and stay focused on all the blessings. I need to get out and make some friends but that will not be easy. They will just be filler or faux friends because NO ONE can replace the ones I am already so lucky to have. I have a pile of laundry that some may mistake for Mt. Rainier that I am avoiding, sheets that need to be washed, dishes in the sink, floors littered with debris and I can't find anything. Blah, bah humbug. I did study my cosmetology book tonight tho. The things you forgot that you used to know 25 years ago. It's slowly coming back to me and the book I am using is a couple of years old and talks about all the new diseases, etc that we have to deal with now that weren't an issue in 1983-84. Sad...
The news is predicting SNOW for the weekend. That will be fun, maybe even spark some Christmas spirit! The Christmas cards are trickling in and Bob & I look forward to opening them each evening. Everyone's kids are getting so grown up and the pictures are fun. I have mine done and ready to go except for the labels, otherwise they are ready. What little shopping I am doing is done except for about 4-5 small things and stocking stuff which is fun and easy. I had to order some stockings for Santa to put the stuff into. They should be here any day. For those of you that know me and have been to our home for Christmas, we do two trees with two different themes. One is more formal and one is country down home, home made ornaments, etc. I am only doing the formal one in this house and don't have stockings or some other things. The good thing is that the tree is fake and easy. I still have boxes and bins everywhere with Christmas crap strewn everywhere...

0 comments: