
As the promise of a new year approaches, you can't help but think about how many changes occurred in the past year, what changes you can make in the upcoming year and what will or wont happen beyond your control. I am looking at these immediate happenings. Getting a job. I will take my practical boards very soon and will of course post my passing of those boards with great relish. If I did not pass for some weird reason I wont even mention it. I don't take failure well. I really don't take failure well when it has to do with my profession of 25+ years. I will pass the boards, seek employment, try to make some new connections, make some changes in my daily life. Nothing big, life changing but change non the less. More on that later and enough reflection for now.
The girls and I made our escape yesterday. Just as we were getting ready to leave, Bob called and requested some dry socks. He had been outside working at Costco all morning and he was soaked. His manager asked him to stay all day and he agreed to it but would have to work with wet feet. Since we were well into the east side, we continued on to Redmond. Target and it's neighboring stores never looked so good. On the previous day, the daughters were all a twitter about spending gift cards and getting out of the house. They both wore new shoes and quickly complained about blisters, being tired, low blood sugar(Riley), etc... I was disappointed to say the least, I was geared up for an all day errand, shopping whirlwind. Got some good bargains and stocked up on grocery items as well. Got a great deal on Craig's List for Riley. She needed a monitor for her desktop PC, 15 bucks. My uncle had one available at his company but I was beginning to doubt that I was ever going to get there and Riley's Ipod/computer drama was beginning to make me nuts. The icing on the shopping cake would have been if the liquor store was open on Sundays. Oh well there is today. We are going to try for Bellevue Square and Crossroads today. The girls will get a stern talking to and will wear comfortable shoes. I will not tolerate the glazed over tired routine today. What the hell do they have to be tired for? Oh, yes, staying up till all hours watching DVDs and playing Guitar Hero. Their inner clocks are a jumbled up mess.
12.29.2008
Prepare for '09- Shop now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(187)
-
▼
December
(32)
- No title
- Highlights of 2008
- Prepare for '09- Shop now!
- Better than Christmas
- What day is it?
- Be On Your Way Santa
- A Brighter Outlook
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Birthday to you Dear Riley
- Be Careful What You Wish For
- Define Snow
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
- Cold and Snowy Day
- Riley's Winter Holiday Concert
- Riley
- Snow Days, Flutes and Colds
- Sore Throat vs. Self Inflicted Strangling
- Snowy Sunday
- This just in from the weather service
- Lots and lots of rain but no snow yet... There is ...
- Things are Speeding Up
- Being a Parent Means Being Fair
- Nothing Earth Shattering
- A Crafty Christmas
- New Technology
- Putting up the Lights
- Pearl Harbor
- Learning or Relearning
- A Day Just Like Any Other
- Blog in a Fog
- Yes, I woke this morning with a headache. What els...
- Happy First Day of December
-
▼
December
(32)
0 comments:
Post a Comment