
I am so excited, I just had to share. About 4 or 5 years ago, Bob took the girls to a reptile show at the Victorville fairgrounds. While there was plenty of herpetology going on there was another animal there that captured Bob and the girl's hearts. It was a young tiger named Mia. She is beautiful to say the least. She belongs to a place called Forever Wild Animal Sanctuary. Bob got the info and found out that they lived out by us in Oak Hills. We called them a few months later and arranged a surprise birthday gift for Riley who is in LOVE with tigers. We took her out to the sanctuary for her own private tour, tiger feeding and petting. She was in heaven. We took 25 pounds of raw chicken legs and thighs for Mia. Riley got to feed them to her and pet her. Mia chewed those chicken parts up like they were tortilla chips. When we got ready to move we called them and offered them a bunch of furniture, firewood, etc. that we could not take with us. They were happy to have it. They need all the help they can get. When we first got to WA I received an e mail from Chemaine, the wife and mom of the sanctuary. People in the high desert were writing to ABC's Extreme Home Makeover and requesting that they take a look at this family and would I write and tell them my feelings about them? I did it lickety split. The V.V. Daily Press reported last week that the Extreme Home Makeover team was indeed doing a house in the High Desert but wouldn't be announcing it til Saturday. I checked the paper online a bit ago and they had announced that the home was indeed in Phelan at the Forever Wild Sanctuary! We are sooo happy for them. I am adding the link to the Daily Press article because it shares more of the story and the link to their official website. Our family is so happy for their family!
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/writer_10667___article.html/featured_beau.htmlr
http://www.4everwild.org/
1.31.2009
Happy News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment