
It's raining. A lot. While I am not complaining, it continues to wash the reminders of snow away, others are not in such good shape. Washington was on the national news last night with Charlie Gibson showing footage of our state. The local news broke in just now to say that many of the rives have not yet crested and that many portions of Interstate 5 are closed. The city that I had to take my test in on Monday is not accessible now, many were evacuated from there. Man, am I ever glad that I got that out of the way!
In other news, there is news other than the weather... I am inspired by so many things right now. It has made me want to take better care of myself. Nothing earth shattering but I am determined to get healthy. If Oprah can do it in front of millions, I can do it in front of my blog buddies! I am going to start walking and if that proves to be impossible due to the weather, I have an exercise bike downstairs. I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and got some good things to eat too. Digging down deep into someone else's life and trying to help them figure out some reasons for their actions has made me look at myself and what my reasons are for what I do. It is time I help myself like I have always tried to help others. My career was all about listening to clients and being there for them not just about hair. In fact, sometimes it really had very little to do with hair. It really felt like a therapist situation a lot of the time. I loved it and I miss it but I realize that it is soooo much easier to help everyone else than it is to take care of myself. So instead of that tired old New Year resolution "losing weight", my resolution for this year is to take better care of me and learn to love myself more like I love others in my life. I figure if I can do that, the other good things will fall into place.
So please bear with me if I carry on too much, I tend to get all frenzied at first with something and then burn out too quickly, so I will try to pace myself.
Had to attend a two hour meeting last night at Sid's Jr. High. We are going to try to get Riley into a "choice" school next year. It is on the same campus as the Jr. High but is it's own school. You have to attend the meeting, take a tour of the school and fill out the application. It is a lottery system and only about 30 openings. It is a small school with only 140 students from 6th to 9th grade and there are only about 6 teachers. The curriculum works closely with the environment, nature and community service. Lots of camping trips and field trips, local native American arts, etc. Really cool. Ri wasn't too sure about it at first but when she saw that others from her school were there and what kinds of programs they offered she was excited. The odds aren't so great but we shall see. Our girls have been in "choice" schools most of their lives and we have always managed to get in so maybe our luck will hold.
My California BFF's and I are trying to figure out when they can get up here for a visit. I am so excited at the prospect of them coming up here to see me and where I live but am feeling a bit gun shy because of all of the weather we have had. I hate to say it but I am hoping that spring would be a better time for them. It wont ever promise not to rain up here but it doesn't always snow or flood like this either.
Birthday party this weekend for my cousin's little princess. She will be three. I haven't seen any of my family in forever!
Going downstairs to start on the never ending mountain of laundry, my doll head is down there drying her hair out, she sits there and makes me feel guilty if I don't do all of my chores. I can't wait for her to leave on Saturday.
1.08.2009
All Over the Place in My Head
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment