
This is not my picture. I had to search for one that showed a non sunny downtown Seattle. Like a big dummy, I forgot to throw my camera in the car. Busy Saturday with twists and turns in our schedule. Originally we were going to a birthday party but lots of the guests are not feeling so hot so we will attend in two weeks. Our Seattle family is just not meant to get together... We will soon and it will be a big combo bash, Christmas and lots of birthdays.
The four of us piled into the car and went down south to return my test kit. We continued further south to Del Taco. The results were mixed but generally good reviews. Burritos and fries were exactly the same but the regular crunchy tacos were not. As we sat there happily chewing away, we wondered how many of the other customers were Calif. transplants. We probably had big dumb grins on our faces the whole time.
Headed back north to downtown Seattle. Bob works there most of the time for the railroad. He has learned his way around pretty darn well. He took us all over, we didn't get out of the car and do anything as it was pouring. Lots to see and look at. Drove around a few areas that Bob and I would LOVE to live in, if only... Lots of great views of the sound and the skyline including the Needle. Traveled east back to Kirkland. Ate downtown at one of our favorite places, then home to a warm fire in the stove and some online poker for me.
Today was all about chores. Got to get the house in order for this week. Since I am taking the written portion of my test this Saturday, I will be doing a lot of studying. I wanted to have the house clean and laundry done, etc. so that I can concentrate. I hope that this goes well, I will really study and hope for the best.
Girls will have school all week and then have next Monday off for MLK. They are already looking forward to a three day weekend. Riley took donuts to school last week for her belated birthday. Her class helped celebrate by eating mouthfuls of crumb, powder and chocolate covered donuts. She did manage to bring some of them home which surprised me.
Well, it is off to prepare for slumber. Getting clothes ready, showers, homework done, signatures on homework, lunches and all the while trying to catch some of the "Golden Globes".
Looking forward to some sunshine here soon, just a little would go a long way...
1.11.2009
touring and seeing the sights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment