1.03.2009

One More Day


I am sure that by now everyone will be glad when my test is over. I have been bitching and moaning about it for so long now that I am sick of it myself. I did apply for a date for the written portion and that will take place later in the month. The daughters and I went down to a mall in Tukwila to meet the people who I am renting my kit from. Picked that tub of loveliness up and off we went(see pic above). Instead of going home the usual way, I ended up staying on the 5 freeway and that takes us through Seattle. I commented to the girls how cool it was to just be going home from an errand and getting to see the Seattle skyline, the Space Needle, driving over Lake Washington and seeing Mt. Rainier shrouded in clouds. I will never become jaded or grow tired of it all. I actually did okay driving on the floating bridge today. It was my first time driving as I am usually the passenger and my very capable husband does the driving. He is such a good driver and I never worry when he is at the wheel. It's when I am at the wheel that the worst in him comes out. He figures it is his opportunity to give me a driving lesson and I am a captive student. I do remind him that I have been driving for 100 years now and that he must trust me as I am the shuttle service to his precious cargo, I mean daughters. I digress...
So anyhow, we made a detour and got some burgers, fries, onion rings and shakes at Kidd Valley. Sid was mortified at the suggestion that we pick up food there. It is the popular teen hang out and she would be embarrassed to be seen with her mom and little sister. Can you imagine? I felt so sorry for her...NOT. Alas, she was able to go in, order and leave with out being spotted or seeing anyone she knew. What a relief I am sure. I have to say that the burger was just okay, the shake was good but the onion rings were the BEST I have had. They rocked the house. So there is an official report on a Seattle based eatery that many talk about and has received awards through the years. It was a bit spendy for the four of us as well. But now I can say I have been if anyone were to ask...
So tomorrow is Sunday and I will practice, practice and practice some more. I have to be at the test facility at 7:15 a.m. on Monday. That is an obscene time of morning to have to be somewhere. Testing officially starts at 8:00 and lasts until 12:00 so at least I am not there all day.
I do have good news that I received today about my friend, she is in a good place right now and I am praying for her to do well and hoping for the best. I love her and need her in my life.
Check out my doll head friend, she is ready to go, all wrapped up in her plastic cap and rotating pivot stand thing. She better behave herself and help me pass my test or she will find herself sailing across the lake with out a parachute...

1 comments:

PAPA2 3 said...

You will do just fine my dear daughter.....You are too good at what you do to worry about it!!

You will not have to worry about your throwing arm, just thank her, return her to her owner and allow her to help someone else pass their test.