1.02.2009

New Day Different Outlook


Well, technically it is not a new day, it is still the old day with 45 minutes til the new day. Close enough...
The New Year just kind of slid on into position, taking the place of the old year. I can't say it came in quietly. We have a neighborhood with a passion or unhealthy addiction to fireworks. Those began about 7:30 p.m. and did not stop until well after 1:00 a.m. The girls and I watched the fireworks explode off of the Space Needle. We actually watched it from the comfort of a warm bed. Bob woke up briefly to wish us all a Happy New Year and complain about the fireworks and promptly fell back to sleep. His snoring was louder than the fireworks.
I slept passed the Rose Parade. In Calif. this was not a problem as it is rebroadcast throughout the entire day. In WA it isn't such a big thrill. If you miss it the first time you are outta luck. My father has informed me that he TIVO'd it for us and we will be able to watch to our hearts content when we are there in February.
My mind is full of things right now, I will go down south tomorrow and pick up my kit for my practical test. I take my dreaded test on Monday. Sid let me practice on her today but as a reward I had to color her hair. I am also in turmoil over the hurting that a very close and much loved friend is going through. I am hoping that I can be a help to her and pray that she finds the strength she needs to see her challenges through. She is so smart and beautiful and you just wonder how someone with so much going for them and so much to live for can go to that dark place. It's one thing to go to the dark place, I visit it from time to time but the whole point of growing and learning is to get yourself out of that dark cave. I am using reserves and strengths that I didn't know I had and determined to help however I can even tho I am far away. She and I have had some bleak moments in the last few days but I am feeling hopeful for tomorrow. She is a big fan of my blog and will read this for sure so I want to make sure she knows that she is loved and cared about.
My family is all tucked in and each person has a cat on their bed as an accessory. Our spoiled little man is between us on the bed all curled up and warm. It's hard to move and get any covers while trying not to disturb "His Royal Highness"...

0 comments: