1.25.2009

Just Say No to Snow


The snow is not nearly like it was in December. It is on the plants and ground, deck, etc. but not on the streets. Yeah, that is what kind of frozen water I can handle. Show up, stick around for a day and leave. Oh and don't even think about sticking to the roads. Bob is at the Costco job today. He will be home later this afternoon. He will find out more tomorrow about having to leave home for his RR job. I am not going to think about it too much today, would good that would do, I do not know... I made breakfast for my girls, whole grain blueberry waffles, berries, sausage. It was fairly freakin' divine I must say. Girls enjoyed it. I bet they were just glad I actually cooked them some breakfast instead of them foraging around the fridge for cold leftover pizza.
Still trying to work my way out of some heavy things going on around me, it is not easy to just shed yourself of thoughts and emotions even though you had to make choices. I am staying busy and will either walk or ride the exercise bike today. Sid went on Craigslist looking for a treadmill but didn't find one. I told her to wait about 2 more months and there will be a load of them listed. Everyone that bought one in January to aid in their New Year's resolutions will be putting them up for sale in March or April. If we can ride our stationary bike or walk on the treadmill in front of the television, that would be helpful. I also like to take a book along for the ride or walk.
Snow is still coming down in big white puffy flakes. Riley is down the street at a friends. Sid cleaning up her room and bathroom while whitening her teeth. She has to wear her trays for 40 minutes a day for a week. I must admit they look really good. She is such the teenager.
A friend here in Washington is leaving today for a trip to Sudan. She will be gone for a few weeks, going with a group of people. I wish her safe travels and admire her so much for making the sacfrices necessary to take a trip like this. Godspeed, Jennifer!
I am off to put on warm clothes, as it is a brisk, chilly 35 degrees and feels like it inside the house too. We have not been allowed to have a fire in the wood burning stove for a week now. Our air quality is such that there has been a burn ban in three or four counties. Burr..... I guess I will turn the heater up a bit, just trying to avoid paying a 8,000.00 heating bill. Dang....

0 comments: