
The sun is out. Hopefully warming up the icy ground. My car was Jack Frost and the temp was 27 degrees when I took the girls to school. Bob went to the Railroad job today. He may get bumped at any minute and not go to the railroad job tomorrow but Costco needs some painting done...
I am glad he went to work today. I need today to be normal. As you could probably tell by my last two posts I have been in a deep place. I had to make some very difficult decisions yesterday but I am emerging slowly this morning from that place. Blogs are so good for you... I am feeling better with each strike of the key. I am going to do normal things today. Clean up, laundry, groceries, etc. I am also going to gather all of my paper work up and start working on my license. Riley has two over due library books and that has me all steamed up. I will be looking for one today. The other is a lost cause as she loaned it to another classmate. I am not even going to go there in this post because it will become a rant from which I will not recover from. She is REALLY beginning to jeopardize her trip to Arizona in February. Her dad & I are getting pretty tired...
Sun is still out but everything is still looking pretty crunchy. Like if I grabbed a leaf it would just crack in my hands.
Bob and I watched the majority of the Inauguration yesterday. I know that most of you know that I am a Republican. I still watched and encouraged my children knowing that they would watch at school. No matter your political party affiliation, you should watch the ceremonies. You may not have voted for him but he is still your president and he is still in charge of your country. You can't just give up. I hope for a lot of people's sake that all of this "change" really can transform the real problems facing our nation. I do like that the president is young and that they have two young daughters, things I can relate to. I will be interested to see where this president takes us... The inauguration was solemn and full of tradition but damn, who can deny that Aretha had the best hat and sang like the queen she is... it was worth it just to see her.
After that, Bob and I went for a long walk to the same place at Juanita Bay Park where I took those pictures on Sunday. It was chilly at first but we got our blood running and it was really nice. We then went to lunch and had some delicous Mexican food. It was a great way to spend the afternoon before we began the task of picking up our children. My husband has been so freakin' awesome these last few days. So helpful and supportive and caring. Not that he isn't all of those things normally, but when I am really needy, it's comforting to know he is that guy that I can count on. When I got into my frosty the snowman car this morning the windshield had already been scraped. He is a good boy... I'm gonna keep him around a while longer...
1.21.2009
A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment