I re read my last post. I didn't want anyone to think I needed a doctor for any type of problems. I am just trying to get our family started with a good family doctor, the girls will need vaccinations, etc. Dermatology is an important part of our lives as well. So that's what the doctor thing was about.
Everyone is off to bed, Sid finished the whale project and is relieved. She got a whole new schedule today and her new elective is Art. She has to pay 20 bucks and has a list a mile long of supplies she will need. When I had art, we drew on paper with a pencil provided by the school. I sound like an old person telling stories about growing up in pioneer days. But really, 20 dollars and a list of supplies that will be about 50 more dollars??? Good lord, I better have a freakin' Picasso on my wall when she is done in June. Sid's snake needs mousesicles so I guess that we will be shopping for supplies and frozen mice tomorrow.
I am watching "Intervention" while I type. I can't say I love this show but I have been watching it for several years now. It is heartbreaking more often than not. I feel for the families of these addicts, they live day to day with the addiction. It infiltrates all areas of their lives and the addict has no idea what they are doing to everyone around them. They think it is just about them. Addiction is just about the most selfish thing. Intervention is on A & E and is not for the weak at heart. It is also hard to watch the outcome because the odds of the addict actually recovering and living sober are so fragile. I will finish my show and go to sleep... Got fabulous news last week, my sweet friend in Cal. is buying her own home. It is so meaningful and symbolic, this new home for her and her family. I can't wait to fly down there and see it. I will boss her around and tell her how to decorate it. I am bossy that way and the cool thing is, she lets me tell her how to decorate. She is also lucky that she has me and two other friends that are really good at decorating. She won't know what to do with all of that advice.
1.26.2009
Clarify
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment