It was shy and hanging back at first. It seemed to stick one big toe into the water and pull back. It must have decided that it was okay to come out and when it felt confident enough it emerged in it's full glory. It didn't stop there, it got full of itself and began to show off. "Look at me, look at my splendid yellows and oranges and how I make everything glitter like a million jewels".
You are asking yourself "what in the world or who in the world is she talking about?"
Well, my friends, I am talking about the sun. It has been a stranger in these parts as of late. You don't realize how long it's been or how much you've missed it until it appears in full uniform. My entire living room is glowing. When you live in Seattle you notice things like this. You don't take one minute of brightness for granted.
I have taken the girls to school and when I got into the front door, I grabbed my camera, dusted it off and shot these pictures. I realize also that it has been a while since I took pictures of anything besides snow. I was a bit shaky at first but got my groove on fairly quickly.
I came into the house and turned on the coffeehouse music station on the satellite. I will study some but not much in this weather, that will have to wait til evening which starts here at about 3:45. You are usually ready for bed around 6:30 in the winter. It has already been dark for over two hours by then. Your mind plays tricks on you and it feels like 9:30.
I did stay up late last nite. Bob went to bed at about 7:30 and then at 8:00 the girls and I headed downstairs to watch the first night's episode of American Idol. It was on until 10:00 and I let the girls stay up. Sid stays up that late anyway but for Riley it was a treat on a school nite. I did notice that she was draggin' a bit this morning... It is a yearly treat for us and I don't make a habit of letting her stay up past her bedtime but at least she doesn't get her usual night time anxiety and does go right to sleep so what's the diff??? Back to Idol. It had it's usual nut jobs and sad stories and young hopefuls. Bob thinks it is all a big waste of time but the girls and I look at as our guilty pleasure. Half way through we tell each other "we are not watching this anymore if so and so gets voted off" but we always cave in and finish watching the whole season.
So all of you Californians, Arizonans, etc. I am basking in sunshine and I know you are thinking that I am pathetic but it's all good. All of my midwest friends, I am sorry that we have sun and over 50 degree weather, I don't mean to rub it in.
Enjoy MY photos for a change, I finally get to post my own!!!
1.14.2009
I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
1 comments:
Beautiful pics and I love the intro paragraph. Enjoy!
-Jennifer
Post a Comment