
It is getting late, it is Saturday night. Have been home for a while. Went to my cousin's house in Bellevue for our long overdue family Christmas, birthday extravaganza. Lots of birthdays between T-giving and Valentines Day. It was very nice to be with everyone finally. I was welcoming a happy, chatty, glass of wine fun filled evening with loved ones and was not disappointed. My uncle had made a book online with pictures from this past summer. It is a nice gift and so thoughtful. This past summer was fun indeed and much of the credit goes to my family up here in Washington and time spent at their lake house. We look forward to this summer and making the most of the sunny, warm, summer days that are all to fleeting.
Earlier today was not the best of hours spent. Bob has some difficult decisions to make with the railroad. Lucky in that he even has a job, it is still hard when the main option is being away from home for a long time. We knew it may come to this and have been fortunate that he has had a 15-20 minute commute so far. Our home in Cal. still has tenants but they are late in paying the rent again and now have not paid the water bill since October. Call me telepathic but I don't see a bright future for them. That is one for me to give up to God, I have no way of controlling that one right now and feel to overwhelmed to deal with it at this point. That is what we pay a property management firm for. The girls are having some sibling issues and that is such a heartwarming thing for a parent. I am wondering if knocking their lovely little heads together would do any good at this point.
I in no way want to take away from the great diversion that tonight was, but when we left my cousin's house it was snowing. It is still snowing 2 hours later. It is starting to stick. After the day I had this is really the icing on the cake. If you did not already know by my past Christmas time posts, I just don't take well to being snowed in. It tends to make my already fragile mental state a bit more unstable. Cranky would be a good word.
I better get my sinful self back to church, my attitude is getting bad again and I don't like being negative, really I don't. Sarcasm is one thing but true negative behavior is not healthy. Speaking of healthy, I am keeping a food journal and walking every day now. My walk today was bliss. I could have walked all day and walked (or ran) away from home. I am telling you this, even if you are not watching what you eat or don't need to watch what you eat, write down everything you eat for two or three days and I mean everything. From the biggest feast to the smallest crumb and then add up the calories. It wasn't just shocking, it was mind blowing. SOOOO that is at least a good thing that is on track. Getting more anxious to get to Arizona. Weather, family, fun, relaxation, warmth, margarita or two, mexican food, In N Out burger, my niece, warmth, weather, oh.... I am starting to repeat myself...
The ol' eyelids are starting to get really heavy, many, many thanks to Drew & Nik for a wonderful, relaxing evening.
1.24.2009
Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment