
Today was all about my jumping over one more hurdle. I have now officially passed both of my required cosmetology tests. The written and the practical. I had stuck my nose into my book(really it was online practice tests) and made a giant effort to study last week. It paid off, not just in that I passed the test, but it was really easy. I drove right to it (thank you GPS), found the facility (inside a AYSO building), checked in and we actually got started 10 minutes early. It's all done on the computer and in the same format as the practice tests that I took all week. That format and my diligence were the ticket. I finished with loads of time to spare, checked them all once and was done with all 110 questions in less than an hour. You leave the testing room, go back to the front reception area where the gentleman working the computer hands you your one page of results in about 10 seconds. I snatched that paper and got the hell outta there. I waited til I got to a quiet corner of the building to look. It just said "passed". No percentages, no factual info, no feedback. So what... I passed.
You are now allowed to ask yourself and me, what's next?
Ummm... well... I don't know... Just kidding... I guess I will go look different salons. I have a few that I think might be interesting. I gotta find my niche.
Ultimately, I want to find something that would be less time behind the chair and more time in other hair care areas, what that area is I don't know yet. I need to get out there first and see what is going on. I still like hair, people and socialization so that is good for behind the chair but is also good for other areas of the beauty industry. So, we will see. It's going to be an interesting journey and I welcome the challenge. I will be taking you all along for the ride.
1.17.2009
One Hurdle at a Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment