1.27.2009

Productive Today


Got a lot done today. Our family room has been somewhat of a disaster since we moved in. It is downstairs so it easy to ignore. As long as the path from the television to the recliner couch and love seat are clear, we pretty much accept it's clutter. I also had made the guest bedroom(which is down there too) into a hurricane, typhoon, tornado zone during the holidays. I gift wrapped in there, threw crap in there and just kind of ignored it til today. Bob said he had another name for the guest room but declined to let me in on it. It may have included some not so nice words I am betting. He uses the closet in there for his work clothes and had to deal with the nightmare daily. Bob is still home. He will go to Costco this week for some painting and has turned in his request to work on a "gang" for the railroad. Working on a gang means that he will leave Seattle. That could mean three hours away or 30 hours away. It could be Oregon or Nebraska or even Cajon Pass(wouldn't that be hilarious). We are preparing for the likelihood of this, not our first choice but we gotta do what we gotta do in order to pay the light bill.
Snowed this morning but not too much. It is windy, dark and cloudy. It is supposed to rain more than snow tonite and more this week.
Doing well with watching what I eat, but Bob brought home Costco pizza for dinner and that is hard for me. I can have one or two pieces but I want 3 or 4. Oh well, if I go get on the stationary bike downstairs(I can find it again) I wont have to worry so much.
I don't normally watch Dr. Phil but he said that every parent needed to watch today's show. It is about kids texting up to 14,000 texts a month, "sexting" which is texting explicit pictures and texts and then some kind of slugging or punching that they like to video and put on the internet. They punch and get punched on purpose. Okay, who is the retard here? The kid or the parent? If this texting is a problem I have an idea... TAKE AWAY THE CELL PHONE. Hmmm... sounds so simple... but then there wouldn't be a need for today's show I guess.
Bob went to pick up the chicks from school and they should be home at anytime. I am curious to find out the latest news on Riley's missing library book. It could be a Nancy Drew mystery of it's own. "The Case of the Missing Library Book" by Riley H. ghost written by me.

0 comments: