1.07.2009

Wind, Rain and Radio


I am going to throw a quick post in and then be off to different locations. I just got off of the phone with our local rock radio station, I tried to win a 100 bucks but got the question wrong, can you imagine? Me? Wrong? BUT, I got to be on the radio! I got to talk to the D.J. and his morning sidekick! My 15 seconds of fame, over and done with... sigh... oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Yesterday was good for me in that it was the first normal day I have had since before Christmas break. Back on schedule with the girls, etc. got my lovely kit all cleaned out and ready to return, did some chores around here and went to the store. I will now begin the process of studying my cosmo book and prepare for my written test. It's actually not written, it's at one of those computer testing sights. They have practice tests online and that is a helpful bonus. I will work on that this evening and every evening until Jan. 16th.
Yesterday was a good day in that I got to chat with my friend. When a friend is in a better spot than they were a week ago, you tend to feel like you can breath a little easier. I have been diligent in my prayers, having faith that it's going to be okay. As I said in an earlier post, she is mucho important to me and I am grateful to have her in my life.
I will go now out into the rain. I love the rain! I hate the snow! It was sooo windy yesterday. It cracks me up to watch Washingtonians in the wind. It's like they have never been in wind and are afraid it's gonna blow them into the Sound. Okay, by Seattle standards it was windy but they have never tried to drive up the 15 freeway in Fontana during a Santa Ana and see 18 wheelers overturned!!! Or had their living room window blow in and crash into your Christmas tree! Or be stopped by the police for a lack of visibility wind/sand storm on Thanksgiving day in your own home town. Now that is wind. But in all fairness, I would not like to be going up the Space Needle in the wind nor would I like to be driving across the 520 or 90 bridges in the wind as waves are splashing all around me. Whew! makes me feel all blustery inside just thinking about it.

0 comments: