1.22.2009

Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous


In an earlier post, I mentioned some things about our new president. My Republican heart is going to try to be supportive. But the media and some other outlets are making that really difficult. I have watched the evening news. Charlie Gibson showed little children from ALL over the world talking about President Obama. How he is going to make the WORLD a better place, change the WORLD. That worried me, that is a BIG task for one man and one cabinet and one congress, one senate, you get my drift. I also made the mistake of watching Oprah's post inaugural show. I was okay with it because she had a panel. I like Forrest Whitaker and also she had an author and commentator that I have always liked. She is also a great presidential historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin. Well, a few minutes into the show and it became obvious I was at the wrong dinner party. Everyone on that show GUSHED and hung on every word and action made by the President. Even dear Doris! My thought is this... He is OUR PRESIDENT not our SAVIOR. I really feel sorry for Mr. Obama, he has so much to live up to and they are not even realistic expectations. But he kind of has himself to blame, his campaign platform was all about "change" and "yes we can" ... I cannot help but wonder if he really knows what he has gotten himself into. I guess we are still in the honeymoon phase, and time really will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your are SO RIGHT ON my dear sweet, smart niece.

PAPA2 3 said...

The new Saviour has his hands full and he will find out real quick as will as all of those who voted for him that if he keeps all of his promises someone is going to have to pay for them.

If you are employeed and voted for him, keep an eye on your paycheck. CHANGE Oh yes, that is what you will have to take home. CHANGE!!!

Our Country is in a financial MESS and trust me ONE MAN did not cause this and ONE MAN is not going to correct the errors of the MANY.