
Awoke to that lovely glow of sunshine. A bit blustery at times. The wind here is so different than the desert. The wind in the desert is just a constant blowing, annoying continual assault. The trees are permanently bent to one side. In Seattle you get a "segment" of wind. One second it's blowing around all blustery like and then you notice that nothing is moving. I'll take it.
The teenager is still asleep, she had fun at the movies. They saw Mall Cop. She said it was funny but could have been better. I blame myself. We have a certain sense of humor, she and I, therefore our expectations are high. We tend to be the Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, Juno types with a some Will Ferrell mixed in. Bob is more the in your face slap stick type but does appreciate some of our dark humor.
She was home by 10:00 and in her room with her laptop soon after. Bob said that she needed to tell all of the other friends that didn't go to the movie, how it all went. Talked to Riley twice on the phone and three times via text. She was doing great. Bet she is one tired bunny this morning and will be even more exhausted tomorrow. Sleep overs are hard on kids. I am not a fan of sleep overs. Don't like hosting them and don't like my kids going to them. Hosting them is a pain for so many reasons. Having your child come home from one is not so pretty either. They are always and I mean always crabby, tired, insolent, testy, cranky, well you get the picture. It takes them a whole day just to decompress. I guess all that really matters is that they have a great time with friends and will make memories for the rest of their lives.
I am following a blog of a friend who is in Sudan. After reading her posts I feel so insignificant. She is writing about such amazing things and I am tapping away about slumber parties. I know that what she is doing is something I could not or would not ever do and I admire her greatly so will be content to just read about her journey.
1.31.2009
Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
0 comments:
Post a Comment