
Yup, jumping for joy, that's me. Let me tell you about my day. I got up, got ready and got to the testing facility in good time. Bob called me this morning and gave me the "all clear". That snow of last night had turned into a giant slushy mess but was do able. I used my cool new Blackberry's GPS to get me there with no problems. The other poor souls testing with me were a mixture of looks and types. The bleached out tinted pink and green with tatoos, cute guys with tats and emo haircuts. Older women with no English speaking skills and lots of young cute hopeful girls that reminded me of 1985 when I took my first practicals. So I am in the facility for four hours, it goes by fast. I paid for instant results. I thought instant meant right away. Not in the cosmetology testing world. Instant meant TWO and a half hours. So I get into my car and head for the freeway. I had a little lunch first, too nervous to eat much. I am on the freeway and see those blue signs that tell you what food, lodging and fuel is at the next exit. I see a sign that looks so familiar, so much like something I know from California. It is a sign for a DEL TACO! No way, it can't be. I get off at that exit and it was true. A brand new Del Taco. Oh the joy... I can't eat there because I am not hungry and I am nervous as hell. The brand new Super Walmart is right there too, so I decide on some retail therapy to calm my nerves. I finish up there and head back over to the test site in time to get my letter, sealed... At this point I have myself completely convinced that I did not pass. I had one critical error and figured that was what would send me into the non passing category. I walk out to my car, still not opening my letter. Another student asks me if I passed and I kindly tell her that I don't know, I haven't looked yet but I congratulate her. I sit in the driver's seat and open the envelope to find my results. I passed. I am almost crying from relief. I call my sister first, then my parents. I can't call Bob as he is at work and can't take phone calls. I text Sid too. When I told the family about Del Taco they were pretty excited, maybe a little more about the thought of a combo burrito than about my ability to do a faux perm on a doll head...
1.05.2009
Jump for Joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
January
(28)
- Happy News
- Let the sun shine, let the sun shine in...
- Nuttin' much
- Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl
- Productive Today
- Clarify
- The Day Goes By
- Just Say No to Snow
- Good times bad times you know I've had my share...
- Happy Birthday to My Husband
- Just an Observation that Makes me Nervous
- The Job of your Blog
- A Cheerful Heart... Hopefully
- Luck vs Hard Work
- Trying to be all things to all people
- Relax... take a break...enjoy the sunshine...
- One Hurdle at a Time
- Let the fog lift and I will emerge
- I'm not sure but I think it's called sunshine...
- Procrastination
- touring and seeing the sights
- Indirect Radiation
- All Over the Place in My Head
- Wind, Rain and Radio
- Jump for Joy
- Freakin' Out
- One More Day
- New Day Different Outlook
-
▼
January
(28)
1 comments:
Woohooo! Congratulations. Sorry you had the added stress of snow last night. I was a little shocked too. But all is well and YOU PASSED! Way to go Amy!
-Jennifer
Post a Comment