1.29.2009

Schools, Lunch and the Super Bowl


Today Riley's parents took her on a tour of a prospective middle school. It is a "choice" school. That means the students are there by choice rather than because of where they live. Many of the choice schools have a theme. The theme for this one is outdoors, adventures, environmental, etc. Riley is liking the whole thing and the tour cemented her feelings. She and I had gone to the parent/student meeting a couple of weeks ago and so this tour was good for Bob. He loved it and wants to be a student there. Riley told him that the students would complain if he were a student there. She is so good for his ego. There is a lottery system and we wont know for a couple of weeks. I hope she gets in for many reasons but I am really trying to NOT get my hopes up and know that if it is meant to be, it will happen. We have always been lucky that way... Who knows maybe our luck will hold out.
I am ashamed to admit that Sid and I are watching American Idol tonight. It is such a freak show during the auditions. It really is like a train wreck, you can't help but watch.
Tomorrow I am getting what will probably be my last haircut as a regular person. I am hoping to start looking for salons soon.
Riley is spending her weekend in a town north of here, it is a slumber party for Saturday night but she and her friend talked us into letting her go tomorrow night too. We will go and pick her up on Sunday. Sid is trying to gather a group of friends to go to the movies to see "Mall Cop". Busy children... Sid finished her paper on whaling. I helped her near the end. It is such a depressing subject. I am proud of her and her power point is good too. She has to do a written, oral and power point presentation. She knows more about Japanese whaling practices than most people. If you want to know anything about that subject, give her a jingle.
Bob will most likely work for the Railroad again in February. He got word today that it will be in Seattle. The thing about the railroad is that is could change 17 times before his start date. One day at a time!!!!
After the tour today, we took Riley back to school and then went to lunch. Downtown Kirkland. Fun. We need for Bob to work, we kind of rely on money to survive but having him around for important stuff and to go to lunch with is pretty nice.
Tomorrow is Friday and for many of you that means the end to another work week. Enjoy your weekend and perhaps you are going to watch the Superbowl. My sister asked me today if we were going to watch it. I told her we were and we will for her. One of her clients is the AZ Cardinals so of course we will watch and support. It's hard for her in that she loves the Steelers and the Cardinals are her client. She is also seeing it as a win/win situation, either way a team she loves will win. She said she is just hoping that it is an exciting game and not a lopsided scoring disaster like the Superbowl can be. Have a great weekend and watch your intake of beer and buffalo wings.

0 comments: