4.12.2009

Easter


Happy Easter to all. My favorite verbal part of Easter is "He has risen" and you reply "He has risen indeed". It is so spiritually cleansing, Easter is. I love the whole process of Easter as a Christian. Hopefully next year I will be in a church "home" and be able to fully commit to Christmas and Easter as a regular and not a newcomer.
Easter on a personal level has too many bad memories, sad memories. For some reason it is a season of loss for our family. We seem to lose loved ones at Easter. So it is that direct association that haunts us. I make a huge effort to seperate the real Easter from the sad aura of Easter. I love the whole egg and bunny thing too. It goes back to the Christian balancing act of Christmas/Santa, Halloween and Easter/Bunnies.
So enjoy your Easter balance and hopefully love and joy are a part of it.

0 comments: