4.06.2009

Happy Birthday Mom


My mom's birthday is in about an hour or so. I would like to wish her a very happy day. We have chatted about this subject many times. We would just as soon forget birthdays. They are for the young and strong of heart. But it is a way for me to pay tribute to a loved one on my blog.
How do you write anything adequate about your own mother? It's too difficult to put it all into words. Of course they give birth to you, the ultimate in physical pain. Though, giving birth is not a requirement to be a mom. The physical pain is nothing compared to the emotional pain of being a mom. My mom always told me "just wait til you become a mom" and boy, has she been right on.
My mom was young when I was born. We had a fairly typical mother daughter relationship but as I have gotten older she has gotten younger and our gap in age has closed considerably. We can relate to one another on a friendship level and I love that. My mom has gotten smarter as I have gotten older too. Cool how that works! She is funny. She has a great sense of humor. She is a good listener and gives great advice. When I was a teenager, all of my friends would seek out my mom's advice about all things. My mom let the front door of our house be a revolving door for my sister's and my friends. She was every one's mom at one time or another.
My mom has had to make many tough decisions and sacrifices because she was a mother. She always used to think that we didn't notice or appreciate all that she did for us and I am sure she was right most of the time. I have good news for her though, I appreciate it now.
The picture above is of my mom and my niece. She is also a wonderful grandmother. Her grand babies think the sun rises and sets on Grammy. She has had lots of fun times with her granddaughters and lots of great memories.
Happy birthday Mom, you deserve to have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made my day! Thank you for the beautiful words. Love, mom

papa2 3 said...

Very nice words about your Mother....She certainly loves her girls and her granddaughters.....
She would do anything for you and you are fully aware of that....

She is a very good wife too.....

I kinda love her....

Dad

Anonymous said...

I too have learned a lot from this wonderful woman. Like a Mom to me too. But the most wonderful of Sisters, ever!
Love
The Aunt