4.13.2009

Interview Prep


I have a 10 pound layer of color applied to my roots. Covering up the fact that I am no longer a spring chicken. I have polished the digits and done a minor overhaul all in preparation for my interview tomorrow. I did a little Internet research on the company as well, though there isn't much about them that I don't already know. It doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Got the girls off to school. Riley talked me into letting her skip band practice this morning so she could sleep in a little longer. This was due to the WASL testing this week. It is the state testing in schools. She reminded me that for every hour of sleep she lost she would miss 5-10 questions. She also stressed to me the importance of a good breakfast. I told her I would let her miss band today but not any more negotiations this week. Testing and band will both be on the agenda. We left early so we could get her a breakfast burrito to eat. Because of the moving situation, I have very little in the cupboards.
We now have the landlord's original refrigerator back upstairs in the kitchen where it belongs. You would never know that we had our fridge here. Bob did a great job and couldn't have done it with out Drew's help. Bob and I got it all spiffy and clean and looks just fine. I put our few groceries into it. At least we don't have to go all the way downstairs into the garage fridge to get coffee creamer or milk.
Sold a couple more things today, hopefully. The one negative about Craigslist is the "flake factor". Interested parties email you, give and get phone numbers and promise to call and then come by. They never show and then offer no excuse or a lame excuse. That part does suck. But overall it has been a VERY positive experience. I am going to look at dining room tables this week, have a couple I want to look at. I also have some other things to get but it will all get done eventually.
Rain today is supposed to give way to some sunshine this week. We'll see. I will not get excited till I see it.

0 comments: