4.21.2009

Introspection


I am home. In my cool new office. I have Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone playing in the background. I have showered, am full from a terrific Mexican meal at our little place down the street and feelin' groovy.
Let me tell you about our office, our home office. This house was built with an office, which for the late 50's early 60's was not common. I was vacillating between a guest room or keeping it an office. Bob really made me stop and think about it. You use a guest room how often? You need an office everyday. If you have a large enough house with lots of bedrooms and a large den you can get away with having a guest room or combo. We don't have that going on in this house. I am glad I listened to him and kept it as an office. It has our mission style office furniture and I bought these cool bright green curtains from Ikea. I have added some cool bright chartreuse accessories and it is now one of my favorite spots. It helps that one whole wall is windows and looks out onto some beautiful Camilia bushes and Rhodies. My green laptop feels right at home in here. I have the PC and the laptop going in here and feel like a cyber big shot.
Went to Cost Plus and Target today. I had to get some things and it was nice. The weather was GLORIOUS today as was yesterday. Tomorrow promises drastic change, back to cold and rain but that is okay. The thick yellow layer of pollen on everything could use a large dose of rain water to wash it away.
Had lots of great phone calls today that made my day. Thank you everyone.
It wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I am avoiding my age, as I cannot find any other way to deal with it and what's the benefit of acknowledging it? I find no point.
Well, Dinah Washington is singing me out of my birthday and back into reality... I will work at getting two houses spiffed up tomorrow and report back to you at a later date... Nighty night...

0 comments: