
I was in the middle of Craigslist hell when the phone rang. It was for me. The person on the other line wants to meet with me tomorrow for a job interview. I had kind of put it out of my mind. With the whole process of moving I really had not given it much thought. I am excited but I am feeling stressed. Not about the interview, I really am not nervous about that at all. I just looked around this house and saw how much there was to do and I could feel that "feeling". That "feeling" is this... A very loud high pitched opera style screaming in my head. That loud deafening scream is combined with the feeling of helplessness. I will get through it. It's just a matter of how long it will take to shut the opera singer up. I also will try not to alienate my husband or children in the process.
I will go into a state of mourning tomorrow evening to top off my great mood. I have to say goodbye to my beloved refrigerator. When we remodeled our kitchen in California, I got stainless and black appliances. Nice ones too. The fridge was replacing the 15 year old almond colored Amana. It had ice and water in the door. The whole family loved that feature. We got it up here to WA with lots of problems including the removal of a cabinet to accommodate the fridge in this house. After measuring, remeasuring, measuring again we came to the sad realization that it is not going to work in the new rental. Being a home from 1960 and with the original cabinets still intact, the space for the fridge is just too small. It would be a waste to leave it in the garage, sitting there. I put it on Craigs list and it is going to its new home tomorrow. The irony is that the fridge in the new house is an Amana. It is stainless but no water or ice in the door, it just isn't my fridge. I know it's just an object but damn I loved that fridge. We all did. I waited years to have a fridge with ice and water in the door. I might have to cry tomorrow when it pulls away from the house. Sheesh, pathetic.
Well, time to not dwell on my fridge and time to concentrate on my interview. I will be sure to let you all know how it goes... wish me luck!
4.06.2009
Tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment