4.30.2009

Is there a plan?


This was not part of the plan... Painting the girl's rooms in the old house. The landlord told us if we didn't return them to white we would lose part of our deposit. Sid's was an aqua blue and Riley's an adorable pink. I guess the two men that are going to be the new tenants said something to the landlord about the two room colors when they were looking at the house. We had no clue that we had to return the rooms to white. Thank goodness we didn't paint anything else in that house. We were given permission and all that from the landlord when we did it. Bob and I were all about giving the girls new fresh rooms in a decor of their choosing and they got to pick out the paint colors. We figured that since we were moving them from their familiar surroundings, it would make the transition a little happier. It did the trick. Those rooms were freakin' cute... It broke our hearts today to put that first coat of boring old white paint over those great aqua and pink walls. We don't dare even ask to paint at this new house. They spent a lot of coin to have the entire house painted and it still smells fresh. Plus, after this painting marathon, we are in no mood. Luckily, Bob was home to help me. He got "bumped" unexpectedly yesterday at his RR job. It really does not matter anyhow. He gave them his notice. He will officially be employed at FULL TIME at Costco. They have been really working on him to come there full time. The management team really likes him and they want him to head up his own department. He will take a very small cut in pay for 6 months. They have great benefits and he will have about a six minute commute. It is the Kirkland Costco and is very close to our new house. He is pretty happy about it. We felt weird when we made the decision. To give up the RR job felt weird. There were just too many signs that pointed us to this decision.
My job situation is strange right now. I didn't get the position in Everett, but there is a position opening up in Bellevue that I have asked to be considered for. The Everett opening was terminated when a current employee went from part time to full time and they don't need another part time person. I had my breakdown for about 3 minutes, dried my tears and kept painting. Bob was very supportive and kind with his words. He is my cheerleader and #1 fan. He always makes me feel better when I am feeling pretty blue. So, we will see what is in store for me...
Finishing EVERYTHING up tomorrow, painting and moving. Yahoo! I told Bob that on Saturday, I am sleeping until noon. So don't anyone call me before 11:59 am on Saturday or you will get one crabby person on the other end of the line...

0 comments: