
I wish they could invent smell-o-vision. That way you would be able to smell my awesome jelly bean candle that I got from my friend who sells Gold Canyon candles in Calif. They have become a yearly tradition for me. They are a new design every year so you look forward to your house smelling yummy and the cute candle design. It will be a crappy Easter for the girls. They are getting kind of old too. We just are in the worst part of this move. The only fridge we have is in the garage, downstairs. Our fridge is gone of course... I have TONS of adorable Easter decor packed away. Hopefully next year... I did get stuff for baskets for them, chocolate and jelly beans of course. Some other gift things too, so they will be just fine.
Bob and my awesome cousin Nikki's husband, Drew got my beeeeeaaaaauuuutttttiiiifffffuuullll red couch today. Looks great in my new family room with the chair and lamps. Fabulous... gotta get another end table and a rug and we are good to go. Sold our dining room set today too. They are not moving into their place for another week so I asked if we could keep it for a while since we have nowhere to sit when we are upstairs in the kitchen or dining room. It worked out well for all involved. Bob and I bought our dining room set in 1992. It was purchased unfinished. We stained it, etc. we certainly got our money out of it. It has moved everywhere with us. It is so not our style now, many years later. We have outgrown our country, French country or whatever you want to call it style. We are mad for Mission, Craftsman, Prairie, Frank Lloyd Wright designs. I have always been a big fan of his work and have read and watched many documentaries on him. Someday, I would love to tour all of his homes and buildings. He was way ahead of his time in terms of design and the engineering aspects could not match his talent.
I have my second interview on Tuesday. I will meet with the same manager as last week as well as the divisional manager. I will spend Monday getting back into the hairdresser mode again. It wont take long, it's like riding a bike, you just don't forget. Again, I am not feeling nervous even though this is the big interview. I am not arrogant, just lots of experience is all. Then on Thursday I will pick up my brother in law at the airport. He is flying in from Kansas City, MO. He will stay with us for four days. I am happy for Bob, he gets to have some family around and it will mean the world to him. Plus, Bill is a big help. He will dig our 1960's architecture too. He appreciates that kind of thing. He and his wife live in a house well over 100 years old. Very cool...
I am posting a picture of my couch and chair that the woman who owned them previously took. She is the one who captured the cool shots of my last post. So again, many thanks to Betsey for her great photography and for selling me my new couch and chair.
Happy Easter everyone, have a blessed day...
4.11.2009
Easter's on it's way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment