4.17.2009

Moving Day


So far not as stressful as the Calif to Wash move. Lucky for us Bill is here. They actually moved the piano and took it to the new house already. Shocking. Bob said they used their brains more than bodies where as in the past it would have very little to do with any brain activity and all brawn. Work smarter not harder I always say.
Got Bill from the airport yesterday with no problems. He does not carry a cell phone so I have to admit I was a bit stressed, but it was all good. Got the Uhaul this morning with no problems as well. Bob and Bill kept adding things on to my total bill, moving pads, new kind of dolly, new kinds of straps, this shows me that they are getting old. In the past they would have used old ropes, wires and blankets off a bed to move stuff. I like it better now.
Girls are at school, had fun visiting with their uncle yesterday. He is so proud of them and so interested in them.
I will move into another room to start packing, so must leave for now. I will leave you with the lighthearted moment of my morning tho...
The piano is in the moving truck after a good half an hour of moving it. Bob and I are in the house and all of sudden we hear music coming from outside. While Bill was waiting for Bob to come back out he started playing the piano in the Uhaul. What makes it even better is that he is quite the accomplished player. Hopefully the neighbors enjoyed their free out door concert!

0 comments: