
Whew!!! Busy to say the very least. Bob had me up and at it early this morning. I listed a ton of stuff on Craigslist which required me to get everything together that I had posted. I posted some stuff and within 10 minutes I had people e mailing me to come and look at the stuff. One couple came for a grandfather clock I posted and they were Russian or Eastern European. Cute and just like you would imagine. Broken English and talked to one another in Russian. Took the clock away.
I kind of talked Bob into doing something that I had been wanting to do for 1o years. Sell our extra crap. He has been given and inherited so much. When we moved up here it finally started to sink in that we had too much. We did okay before we left Calif. and got rid of stuff but not enough. Now I have convinced him that it is just stuff. I told him if we priced it right, it would all sell. He agreed with my theory that stuff weighs you down. I had to remind him today as he watched things going out the door "You can't put a price on freedom." Man, I am like a prophet or something with all of my wisdom. I scare myself with it. He got really into it and let me post like 10 more things on Craigslist. I gotta watch it or something that I might want will be up for sale at this rate. Tomorrow we will have a revolving door as people come in and out to pick their stuff up.
While our new house is not small and we have a 2,000 sq foot basement, that doesn't mean we need to fill it up with our "tribute to dead ancestors" furniture collection. Plus, I told Bob "just because it's functional doesn't mean you have to keep it forever"
We love mission, craftsman style homes and furnishings. We have a few things that are in that style but want to decorate with that more. While looking at Craigslist we found some things that we want. We are going to go into Seattle tomorrow to pick up an armoire. The house we are going to is really close to Kurt Cobain's house. I am going to ask Bob if we can drive by. I have been wanting to since we moved here. It's not like I am a huge Nirvana fan but I have always been intrigued by the whole story. It is the anniversary of his death on the 8th of April.
Bob and I celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary tomorrow. WOW... today we gave each other permission to not go and get cards. We are just too scattered and busy to worry about that stuff. We are going to go to a restaraunt that we really like in Seattle for dinner soon. We went there last year and it was fabulous. One of the best steaks I have ever had. We don't need to worry about a card, we have each other... aaawwww....
It is very late and I have to get up early again tomorrow...
4.03.2009
Whirlwind days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment