
Girls are dropped of at school, having my first cup of coffee, morning chat with husband, read mail, read e mail, blah blah blah... Got Sid's progress report and am disappointed in the child's grades. While she has brought some of them up, some are lower than they should be. Bob and I have always stressed that grades were number one in her school career and she has the ability to do well... We have done the "punish by taking away things route". Time for something new and more direct. I realize their lives have been an upheaval lately but she has to know when to say, "I have homework, I have to study". I figured when she turned 14 I wouldn't have to ride her about school work. I guess I was wrong and will become the mom of a 3rd grader once again...
Got the bills to pay, phone calls to make, unpacking, cleaning, etc. that is the mundane. It must have rained last night, my car was wet. It can rain all night and be sunny during the day, that is fine with me.
We are going to pick up a new dryer tonight. Found it on Craigslist last night for 50 dollars. All of the dryers up here in this area are electric. Our dryer that we hauled up here from Calif. is gas. Washers and dryers come with the house and so far each one has been yucky. I am glad we brought our own washer, that has been great. The thought of using a used washer gives me the creeps...Guess I had better go check and see how dry Bob's clothes are downstairs on our new clothesline.
Well... big changes in store for Roberto. Can't chat too much about it yet, as it is still in the works. He has had his weekend job since August and they LOVE him so look for a change in that direction. Will fill everyone in as it unfolds. I think it is going to be a good thing.
So that is the mundane and not so exciting news on a gray and wet Monday morning. Am not complaining, the weather has been fabulous when we needed it to be.
Hope the week gets brighter, not any more exciting, don't think Bob or I could take much more in the unexpected, surprise, unplanned, spontaneous department.
Keep Sid in mind as you probably wont hear much from her for a long while. It is hard to get in touch with someone who will be locked in their bedroom for 6 more weeks...
4.27.2009
The Mundane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment