
Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The woman that interviewed me had to be in Bellingham this afternoon so she didn't take a lot of time with me. I feel that it could go two ways. The first is that I was already pretty much hired before she interviewed me and the second is that I was such a failure that she hurried through to get me the hell outta there. Hopefully the first direction is the one we will be taking. So now I wait until "they let me know". The landlord emailed me yesterday and wanted to show the house today. So besides trying to make myself into Cindy Crawford, I also had to play Martha Stewart and get the house spiffed up which is difficult when you are trying to move. When it rains it pours and that is NOT a pun.
Right after my interview the man from Dell called and said he was free today and could he come and fix my computer? I said yes. I hurried home, backed up 8,000 files and he was a half hour late. Would I make it in time to pick up Sid??? Lucky for me (and him) he finished in the nick of time. Now I basically have a brand new laptop inside and the 9 month old green one outside. I am happy so far.
I would hate to loose my laptop and have to trudge downstairs to the PC and have to blog down there. Sheesh, that would be such a hardship.
So, I sign off with the usual activities going on around me. T.V. blaring in the background, Riley doing her homework, Sid's in her room, music on loud while doing homework, Bob downstairs with the T.V. and surround sound on, watching some History Channel thing or a movie, the bass of the surround sound booming. Cats jumping on packing paper, the bells on their collars tink tinkling with every pounce on crackily paper. The sound of my very recently manicured fingers tap tap tapping away on the key board. It's a symphony...
4.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
1 comments:
You would be an asset to any company and I congratulate you on even getting an interview in this economic climate. Goodness you've got a lot of change in front of you. May it all go smoothly and may you find the energy to deal with it all in stride. So far so good...
-Jennifer
Post a Comment