

Bob and I went to Alki Beach today. That is west Seattle. It is on the Sound. It is beautiful. We could see at least two ferries at a time. There is nothing like seeing the Puget Sound with ferries skimming across the water and fog hanging low on the pines. It is the quintessential Seattle experience. We went there to get a couch and ended up making a friend. Her name is Betsy and she is a lovely lady. Three grown children. Lives in a little one bedroom apartment at Alki. It is the cutest apartment I have ever been in. Old house with apartment below, totally remodeled. She is the current steward of the red couch. She purchased it from someone on Craigslist and now us. It was even better in person and bought her lamps and chair too. She started throwing things in for free. She is moving home. Home is in the Adirondacks, New York. She can only take what will fit in her small car. She is returning to take care of her elderly mother. Bob and I briefly thought about giving our children to my aunt and moving into the apartment ourselves. Her view of the sound is so gorgeous. Outdoor patio area, oooohhhh.... Just picture it in the summer, glass of wine, Sarah Vaughn playing in the background, watching the ferries move across the water. Wow...
These photos were taken by Betsey herself. She was kind enough to show some of them to Bob and I while we were there and offered to send them to me. I told her I would love to share them with all of you...
4.10.2009
Seeing New Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
April
(29)
- Is there a plan?
- Cornus florida
- The Mundane
- More of the same
- Fast times
- Running on Empty
- Random Random and more Random
- Rain is a Relief
- Introspection
- Happy Birthday to Me
- Whirlwind of Activity
- Copy and Paste
- Moving Day
- Funny... I remember posting a picture similar to t...
- Well, it was fast. The interview was fast. The wom...
- Interview Prep
- Like any other Sunday
- Easter
- My couch and chair in Betsey's cool apartment in A...
- Easter's on it's way...
- Seeing New Things
- A new slideshow
- Another Day Another Dollar
- Oy...What a day...
- Happy Birthday Mom
- Tomorrow
- Who needs a title?
- Whirlwind days
- Another Day Another Box
-
▼
April
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment