5.23.2009

Afternoon Break




I have been out in the yard all morning. Blackberry vines invading my space, not on my watch. They are the pokiest, stickery things, I thought tumbleweeds were bad. Well, tumbleweeds are bad but so are blackberries. We have plenty on our property for late summer consumption so the ones inching there way into my yard are not necessary or welcome. Bob is taking on the really big vines and almost poked an eye out. The girls are using the weed fork and getting busy on the lawn. We will get it kind of tuned up, it's hard when nearly an acre of property has not been properly maintained for many years. I am done with the work and have come inside for a quick lunch/internet break. Riley cracked open a can of Coke for us to share and it is cold, fizzy and sweet just like I like it.
I downloaded pics that I took at the park. It is about a mile from our house. The girls and I spent about an hour there yesterday, exploring. People had dogs there. The dogs would chase toys and balls out into the water and swim back. Very entertaining and making us wish we had a dog. It's hard to take a cat to the park, just not the same...
Am going to have some girl time tonight and looking so forward to it. I will get to act like a human for a few hours. Very needed and necessary. Beautiful day and night to be out on the patio or deck.
While I was outside I was being serenaded by the put put of float planes. They are out in full force today. Lots of motor boats and Sea Doos can be heard as well. Caught a few pics of a float plane yesterday. I have a weird fascination with them. I think it is the fact that something can fly and float and that the people flying around in them land them in their own dock/space at their home. Sheesh...

0 comments: