5.25.2009

Long Weekends are Good Weekends


Lovely, long Memorial weekend. The unofficial start to summer. We western Washingtonians could not be happier with our entrance to summer. The best weather on record in quite a while for Memorial weekend. Riley and I were here for Memorial weekend last year and it was not nearly as nice. Because of the weather being so cooperative, we have enjoyed many things. The girls and I at the park(see photos), working in the yard, hanging with other adults on the patio with a lake view, spending the day at Lake Sammamish yesterday, Riley's first swim of the year, lots of BBQing and Memorial ceremonies at a cemetery.
Bob and his girls are off to Bellevue first. Beautiful cemetery there that has a ceremony. Once done there, they will head over to Seattle to the Museum of Flight and attend their Memorial Day program. They will have a Tuskegee airman there and retired Col.s from the USAF. Should be a pretty cool day for them. I know they are looking forward to seeing a B-17 as well that was built in Seattle.
I have lots of things to keep me occupied at home and it is a tradition of them going together that I like alot.
Busy weeks ahead as we look forward to having company coming in and out thru the month of June and July. Gotta make sure the house is a showplace... right...

0 comments: