

Well... she did it. She helped her father and I get her packed and ready to go. Now she is on a very large, nice chartered bus and on her way to outdoor education camp until Friday. Riley is our baby but not in size or age any longer only in birth order. We are those parents that tell her "you will always be our baby no matter how old you are". We may be creating future problems for her but she can work that out in therapy someday. We stopped and got some snacks for the bus ride, got to school in plenty of time and unloaded the car. She was one of the prepared ones, camping expert that she is. Lots of kids had weird and unusual luggage, bags, etc. I am not judging, some of these kids have probably never been camping let alone away from home. There were some tears from some of the girls saying goodbye to their parents. Not Riley, I became invisible once she got with her friends and in front of those giant blue buses. She took her camera so I borrowed it to shoot some pre-camp photos. Riley was mortified. She DID NOT want me to take pictures. She was embarrassed. I really didn't care. I took some anyway. I also pointed out to her that there were lots of parents taking photos. Man, she is in the 5th grade and acts like she is older and soooo mortified that she has parents. Poor thing...
I am home now, sitting on my cool barstool, laptop on the counter, listening to Miss California talk about her nude photos. Oh brother... Who the hell really cares? Is the whole pageant thing really relevant any more in our society? I know, they give out scholarships and do charity work, blah blah blah, I ain't buyin' it. It sets women back a few hundred years in my opinion. The answers they give to the important questions asked of them during the pageant are ridiculous. I know some of these women are intelligent but is it smart to prance around in an evening gown and play the flute in a sailor costume? Well, they couldn't have made "Miss Congeniality" without them so there is a plus.
Today is early release today so will pick Sid up and go run some errands, groceries, etc. Fun to have one on one time with each of your children. I still remember when I got to go to lunch and shopping with my mom alone and that was a very long time ago. I think I was nine or ten years old.
Cloudy but no rain, could see some sunshine eventually but am holding on to the weekend forecast of sunshine.
5.13.2009
The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog
- Busy Busy Busy
- Think it, Act it, Become it
- Tuesday is Grumpy Day
- Long Weekends are Good Weekends
- Afternoon Break
- Small Town Shopping
- Memorial Day
- Sip some wine and blog
- Oh Deer
- Bird Life
- The Right Kind of Weather
- The things you learn
- Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger w...
- The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
- Just another day in Paradise
- A lovely day with some distractions
- Happy Mother's Day
- Beautiful and Busy
- Pray today
- Sleep, Coffee, and Other Forms of Therapy
- Examine Your Own Motives
- Cinco de Mayo
- Not much to report since this morning. The T.V. pe...
- Playing the Waiting Game and Other Ramblings
- Hills and Valleys
- Pictures to Share
- Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
- New Kind of Morning
-
▼
May
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment