5.12.2009

Just another day in Paradise


The sun is out. It sometimes will peek in and out from behind the clouds but today it is more out than in. I like when the sun is out as I have expressed you patient readers many many times. Bob will not come directly home today. He will go to get our new lawn mower. We will be having a nice yard soon I am sure. I have a list of must haves for my yard. Rosemary(can't grill Salmon without it) Lavender, Hydrangeas, mint(can't have ice tea without it) and that is my must have list so far. I am reserving the rest for when I get to the nursery and see what I like. I do want some jasmine and other sweet smelling things so we shall see.
I have just done the usual today except for the phone. I spent a lovely looooong time on the phone with my favorite sister. LOVED chatting with her. Called my grandparents in So. Cal and had a nice long chat with them until the battery in their phone started to chirp at us. Talked with my cousin and my husband. It's all good. Of course I am doing laundry, it just would not be right if I didn't! I really have to work on getting Ri ready for camp. She leaves tomorrow and comes home Friday afternoon. She is getting quite excited. Her dad and I will help her get it all together this afternoon. She will be ready to go by 8:00 am tomorrow!
She will take her camera and I will post some shots when she gets home. She is a really great photographer.
We will get the backyard spiffed up and the BBQ ready and have some steaks this weekend. Our official first BBQ of the year. Bob will get the fire pit cleaned out and we will all sit outside till the stars are out. In the NW it could be really late if you wait for the stars to come out. Fun anyhow...
Off to pick up the oldest daughter and then the youngest. Back home to sort, pack and label. Happy Tuesday, for my friends at the salon, Tuesday is the busy day, phone calls especially. The beginning of the work week if you are a hairstylist. The phones go crazy cuz you haven't been in the salon for three days.
For me, the days all run together only punctuated by what time my children get out school or start school or have to be somewhere.

1 comments:

Lou Woods said...

Don't buy any mint plants! I can give you some good healthy stock for transplanting. In the meantime, while you are waiting for it to grow you can have all the ready to use leaves you need. Just let me know. Will give me a good excuse to get you over.

Leah says "Hi" She wants to go out again now that she is done with school, etc. Let's plan on something after I get back from my trip. July-ish.

-Jennifer