5.21.2009

Small Town Shopping


I am a small town girl. The town I grew up in used to be a small town. When Bob was in college we lived in a small town(pop.1500). I am also a city girl. I love cities. I love that I live so close to such a cool city. Today I got to live the small town girl thing. Bob took me to a really cool hardware store. I presume that all of the people who read this from WA already know about Mc Lendon's Hardware. I had seen it lots of times on my way to Target but would not have gone on my own. Bob had to go there to get something for work and told me how much I would like it. He was right. It is not just about hardware, far from it. It is like the old time variety store mercantile place. I loved the fact that I could get 2" plastic tubing and a dog leash and an apple peeler and a garden hose and toilet gaskets and a six pak of geraniums all in one place. Very small small town.
It was one of those picture perfect postcard kind of days. Not a cloud in the sky, blue blue sky. To cap it off, we stopped by the liquor store(state owned in WA) and picked up tequila and mango margaritas.
No institution of higher learning for my offspring tomorrow. Sleepin' is on the agenda. Once that has been accomplished, I will issue chores to the offspring. Not too many, I want to go to a park by our house that is on the beach. I will take my camera. It's too beautiful to be in the house for too long. But, we are getting company from Calif. soon so I want to get the house really spiffy. I got a new area rug(new to me)on Craigslist today. I scored big time, it is perfect in our living room and the price was right.
We girls are watching "Ugly Betty" and the dad is in bed. He had to be at work so dang early today. We are trying to watch the show through the terrible reception. We are currently hooked up to an ancient antenna and are getting five really lousy channels. We ended up not being able to have satellite because we have too many trees. The cable company is coming a week from Monday to relieve us from our television hell. Until then, it is 1973 all over again. All we need for a clear picture is for Riley to stand next to the T.V. holding on to the rabbit ears and tin foil.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet niece, I have been to McLendon's so many times in the last 35 years, ain't it awesome!!! So glad you live here now!!! Now there is someone in the fam that know's about things like McLendon's. So cool....