
This was a morning of non interruptions. I did sleep in. I feel guilty sleeping in on Sunday. I believe that comes from years of church and Sunday school attendance.
I got around and got myself to Costco. I had to get a new T.V. for the living room since we sold ours on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. I got a 42" LCD flat screen. We had a 36" non-HD that was about 4 years old and like brand new. It was to0 huge and too heavy for it's placement in our living room. The new one is HD and all that stuff. I got it at Costco where the husband was working. He got to hang with me for a while to help with the T.V. decision and again when it was being loaded into my car. I got home and got to work. The girls and I got quite alot done in the house today and it is shaping up. My cousin and her little girly girls are coming by tomorrow and wont she be impressed with my progress. Of course I will show her around and preface everything with "I haven't gotten to this yet or this will look like this when I unpack it or finish it" but it will all be okay.
Bob came home in a funk. The hourly money he was told would be his pay is not to be. It will be better initially but not as high as quickly as he was told. He of course has given notice to the RR and then bumped. He was smart enough to not quit the railroad but to take a 30 day furlough. So, needless to say, he was not the happiest of humans this afternoon. The stress of the move, building a pantry, loads of trash, mountains of laundry and no dryer hooked up yet, living in and out of boxes, etc. makes for a crabby man. Let's just say it got colorful down in the basement as he was hanging his clothes to dry on the line and I was glad I was upstairs doing my own thing. He has some decisions to make in his job situation as well...
The good thing was that I was able to make a reasonable dinner and we haven't had fast food for over 3 days now. We are all just sick of it and don't care to eat it for a very very long time. Even if Del Taco were to open up down the street, I think it would take us about a month to finally go there.
Well, the weekend ends and another week begins. I will work on my job stuff this week, I have made enough phone calls to consider myself a stalker. That is okay, this way they know that I am serious about working there. They are supposed to get back to me by Wednesday. Of course I will keep you all posted...
5.03.2009
Hills and Valleys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog
- Busy Busy Busy
- Think it, Act it, Become it
- Tuesday is Grumpy Day
- Long Weekends are Good Weekends
- Afternoon Break
- Small Town Shopping
- Memorial Day
- Sip some wine and blog
- Oh Deer
- Bird Life
- The Right Kind of Weather
- The things you learn
- Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger w...
- The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
- Just another day in Paradise
- A lovely day with some distractions
- Happy Mother's Day
- Beautiful and Busy
- Pray today
- Sleep, Coffee, and Other Forms of Therapy
- Examine Your Own Motives
- Cinco de Mayo
- Not much to report since this morning. The T.V. pe...
- Playing the Waiting Game and Other Ramblings
- Hills and Valleys
- Pictures to Share
- Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
- New Kind of Morning
-
▼
May
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment