5.20.2009

Sip some wine and blog


It has been a busy day. Up early and took the car in for an oil change. The oil change turned into something bigger to the tune of $250.00. Sheesh. Early pick up for both girls and then to the doctor for me. Just updating stuff and getting prescriptions taken care of from Calif. to Wash. Basic stuff. Little bit of Trader Joe's therapy and home. When I got home, Bob was playing volleyball with the girls in the front yard. He then proceeded to air up their bike tires so they could cruise around the property. This means that it is a beautiful sunny afternoon. Completely opposite from yesterday. It rained so hard, so fast and furious that I thought we were gonna float away. The downpour was accompanied by lots of thunder and lightning, which I love. You haven't lived until you have been in a summer thunderstorm in the midwest. There is nothing like it. This was pretty exciting in it's own right.
Sid got the Trader Joe's put away, I got dinner started and have poured myself a glass of red wine. I am blogging, watching/listening to the news and helping Riley with her spelling sentences. Not as easy as it sounds, she has to use two specific words in each sentence. How do you use grass and smoke in a sentence suitable for
5th grade language arts. I have a hunch that Riley's teacher might object but her co-teacher would get a laugh outta some of my suggestions.
No more appointments this week, so will get some more things done around here. It is looking to be a fabulous weekend as far as weather goes. Will probably go to Costco and get some food fit for the BBQ. It is so nice to have a large yard and patio. Loving that.
Bob and I are going to a cool hardware store tomorrow. About every other day, Costco sends him to Home Depot for things. They didn't have what he needed and suggested this hardware store. He called me and swore that he would never set foot in Home Depot again. He thinks I will love it and they had some great Rhody's too. We have some empty spots in both the front and back yard where they would look great. He brought me home a flat of Gerber daisies yesterday from work and they are gorgeous. Bright reds, yellows and oranges. Now we just have to find the right spot for them to live.
Okay, Riley is on to math homework and I gotta admit that I am stumped, not because I don't know how to do it, it's just that Riley had only half of the information. Ugh... my child...
Where's that wine bottle?

1 comments:

Lou Woods said...

What teacher would have them use smoke and grass in the same sentence in the first place??

Timmy was smoking mad he had to cut the grass again.

The grass hut went up in smoke.

The teacher took a hit of grass, blew out the smoke and continued on the homework assignment for tomorrow....

Good luck!