5.28.2009

Think it, Act it, Become it


That is the new mantra I just made up for myself. I decided that in order to become a practicing hairstylist, you have to act and look like one. I have gotten a new shorter, trendier haircut, got my nails done and got some new clothes. Though my new nails are nothing even close to what Juli gave me every two weeks, they did what they were supposed to do for me... I felt kinda "hairstylistish"
I am going to do something tomorrow that will take me out of my comfort zone and put me into an interrogation of sorts. It isn't something that I am unfamiliar with but let's just say that I am out of practice. I have to blog about this using smoke and mirrors because I cannot say what I am really doing. Once it is over and the results are in, I promise to blog about it. So, don't call or email me and ask me cuz I can't tell you til later.
Had a meeting at Riley's new school this evening. It is just going to be the best thing. She didn't hang with us for the meeting because she had some assessment tests to take with all of the other incoming 6th graders. When we finally met up with her she said " I am so excited that I get to go here" That was music to our ears. We are going to try to get her interested in orienteering. "Orienteering is a family of sports that require navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain. Participants are given a map, usually a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points.Originally a training exercise in land navigation for military officers, orienteering has developed many variations." It is an actual sport and schools compete. Riley's new school is number one in the whole state for middle schools. Orienteering is learning to read a map and a compass. You are in a park or urban setting and compete with others to complete the course given on the map. I told Bob that was what GPS was for, he wasn't surprised by my comment. I also told him that I was damn good at orienteering at a large shopping mall. I can be in the middle of the food court, ordering a Hot Dog on a Stick and run to the Brass Plum shoe dept. in Nordstrom in 40 seconds flat. Now that is some orienteering.
We are back into some fabulous summer like weather. It is glorious. Some things that I have planted are starting to sprout and that is encouraging. The damn squirrels keep eating my impatien sprouts. I better go get some more corn for the squirrel bungee.
Bob is his usual sunny self as he has had to be at work at 2:00 am and 3:00 am the last two days. It just makes him so lovely. I am not sure how lovely I would be if I had to be at work that early. I gotta give him that.
Off to sleep land now. I will try to get caught up on all things bloggish this weekend.

0 comments: