5.14.2009


Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger website. The diagnostic tool on my computer tells me that it is the blogger’s website that is having the issues and not something on my end. Relieved to hear that but they better get their crap together so I can post today or I might get all ape shit on them.
So… I am posting to my Word program and will cut and paste it all later in some form or fashion.
“Drippy” would be the adjective I would use to describe the weather today. Very fine mist that is quite wet and makes you use you windshield wipers even more than normal as the fine mist accumulates quickly and you are blinded.
Hoping that Riley is not having a “drippy” time at camp. I am thinking that she is having a terrific time and that she slept well last night, remembers to brush her teeth and is getting along with her cabin mates. As I was doing my nighttime routine before bed last night, I looked in at her made up bed and it shocked me that she wasn’t in it. Just one of those half second jolts and then quickly recover when you remember where they are. Tomorrow should be full of tales and observations from her.
Sid and I did some retail damage or “economy boosting” yesterday after school.
Her 9th grade cruise is quickly approaching and we needed to shop for it. Ordered three different dresses from Macy’s, bought shoes, undergarments and a pashmina wrap thing. She has the jewelry already and I think that between the two of us we can manage to get her hair done in a reasonable and fashionable way. Lucky for me, wearing hair down is back in style for formal dances. My “updo” skills are quite limited to say the very least.
Bob is well, Costco keeps him moving. We girls made him wear a pedometer to work the other day to see how many steps he took in one day of work. Over 18,000! I am not sure how that translates into actual mileage or caloric burning but an article I read says that anything over 12,500 steps per day is classified as “highly active”.
Well, between the swine flu scare (or hamthrax) and the new Norovirus outbreak up here, I am thinking about never leaving the house again and that includes my family. Sheesh.
It’s one pandemic after another. My little baby cousin, Kate is still dealing with some health issues and it has been a good two weeks. She appears fine, happy and healthy but has had the “D” word for two weeks. So off to the doctor she goes today and hopefully gets better quick!
Even though she claims to not read my blog (not hurtful or anything) I wanted to give a quick shout out to my lovely, sweet friend, Miss Karen. She has persevered and called me again last night. We were able to have a long and lively conversation and for that I am so glad! So, Desiree and Beth, it is your job and friendly duty to make her feel about one inch tall for not reading the blog!
Okay, cool, I just checked and the blogger site is up and runnin’
Gotta stop typin’ and start workin’.

1 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for caring about Katers. She is so smiley and happy despite the "D." The nurses left our door room opened so they can smile at her while they do their computer and desk work in btw patients. They were getting a kick out of how smiley and social she is. So far no "D." She is now napping, maybe sleeping off the "D." Hope so! Love you Cuz! Thanks for thinking of Kate.