
No, it is not a typo, I know the difference between deer and dear. I just wanted a play on words to get my subject out there. Monday morning I took the girls to school as usual. Back home to shower and ready to go and get my haircut. Sitting in my car, getting my phone plugged into the charger, Ipod plugged in, lipgloss applied and then I noticed something. In a split second, I thought maybe dog or coyote(being used to that in the desert) but no, this was bigger, taller. Oh my goodness! It's a deer walking across my driveway! She continued her cautious walk into our woods. It began as one deer(doe) and ended up being three of them. They saw me and heard my car and decided that was not for them and scampered into the woods so I could not get a good picture with my trusty Blackberry. I have lived in areas where there has been lots of wildlife. Mostly in the high desert. Hawks, snakes, lizards, coyotes, jackrabbits, squirrels, roadrunners, etc. but never deer. The picture above is not my doe but a reasonable likeness. I am pretty sure they are the black tail deer which are closely related to the mule deer.
That was the beginning of my busy day. Went and got my haircut and got to spend time with my cousin and her adorable baby. Our hairdresser has beautiful lilacs in her yard and cut bunches for us. They are sitting on my kitchen counter looking ever so lilacy and smell awesome. After the hair cut did the Target thing and went and bought some more flowers. I had a hanging basket and a table top pot from last year that needed to be replanted. Bob will bring me home some more plants today as Costco has tons right now. They look like they are in the nursery business over there. I have a running list for Bob now as far as Costco goes. It is really convenient.
Today my car gets an oil change and then back home to get some house chores done, there are still some things that need to be done and fine tuned, etc. I did neglect the inside of the house this weekend because it was so beautiful out. It rained quite a bit last night and looks kinda cloudy now so hopefully I can stay inside and get things done. I hear that we are in for more good weather soon though... Memorial weekend is coming up and I promised Bob and the girls I would look into the ceremonies, etc. around here. It was always something that the three of them did together every year in the desert. Will plan to do some more grilling and chilling as well. The girls have a four day weekend and they are kind of glad.
5.18.2009
Oh Deer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog
- Busy Busy Busy
- Think it, Act it, Become it
- Tuesday is Grumpy Day
- Long Weekends are Good Weekends
- Afternoon Break
- Small Town Shopping
- Memorial Day
- Sip some wine and blog
- Oh Deer
- Bird Life
- The Right Kind of Weather
- The things you learn
- Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger w...
- The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
- Just another day in Paradise
- A lovely day with some distractions
- Happy Mother's Day
- Beautiful and Busy
- Pray today
- Sleep, Coffee, and Other Forms of Therapy
- Examine Your Own Motives
- Cinco de Mayo
- Not much to report since this morning. The T.V. pe...
- Playing the Waiting Game and Other Ramblings
- Hills and Valleys
- Pictures to Share
- Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
- New Kind of Morning
-
▼
May
(29)
2 comments:
Wow! Deer, awesome! That is so cool! Some people think they are a nuisance and complain about them eating their flowers, flowers-smowlers! I think it is worth it to see those beautiful beasts even if I'm a flower lover too. Come to Flower World with me soon! You'll absolutely have gone to heaven! :-) And we'll go to the Maltby Cafe, I would love to go to just look, it is beautiful, especially right now. Just ask Jen, your blog buddy.
Forgot to say one more thing. Memorial Day Celebration: There is a good one by my house at the cemetery at the corner. Sunset something. I forget the name, I'll let you know when I drive by it next time. All I know is it has a view of Bellevue and Seattle and it has a wonderful display of US flags all lined up and down the rolling hills as you drive into the cemetery. Great photo op! I try to get a picture of it every year while I'm driving by, never a great one, but you'll get a good shot!
Post a Comment