
Remember when I posted the other day about sleeping in on Saturday? Well, the phone rang before 10:00 am... oh bother... I needed to get up and around anyway. We have very little cupboard space and no pantry. We have a closet with no shelving, so guess what Bob is doing today? Building me a pantry in that closet. Gotta love a handy husband... He is also going to put some shelves up in the office for me. When they built the house, they built the hardware into the walls for shelf brackets, so all we need are brackets and shelves to complete the job. Riley has gone with him, she must really want to get out of working on her room... I am going to plan to do one room at a time instead of running around doing 300 different things. Had a lovely evening of sitting out on the patio, music and a margarita. Sid went to a school carnival with a big group of friends. Riley and I went to fetch her about 11:00. Spoke with a friend from high school that I have not seen or spoken to in over 23 years. In the last two years he has lost his dad, mom and wife. His mom passed away this winter and his wife died this week. She had been battling cancer for four years. They have two sons, 11 and 6 years old. Heartbreaking...Even tho it had been a very long time since we had spoken to him, Sheri and I wanted to call and offer our condolences. Many of us from AVHS are still in touch and now with the invention of Facebook, we are in contact every day or so and the word gets out quick. I found myself in an unusual situation when I was talking to him on the phone. I was at a loss for words more than once. That is so not me. But honestly, what do you say to someone who has suffered so much loss lately? I'm sorry only worked for the first three minutes. On a really positive note, it was so good to hear that he has found the strength in having faith. He is involved in his church and accepts Christ into his life. I could tell that he has become a much greater guy because of that and I am sure that his wife played a huge part in that transformation. I did not know her but she sounds like she was a great person and you just can't help but feel so sad for those little boys. Sheri and I can certainly relate to that.
It has been an exhausting week both physically and emotionally. I am going to try to keep my cool all weekend and just work on the house. It is a good thing as I make progress from turning a house into a home...
5.02.2009
Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog
- Busy Busy Busy
- Think it, Act it, Become it
- Tuesday is Grumpy Day
- Long Weekends are Good Weekends
- Afternoon Break
- Small Town Shopping
- Memorial Day
- Sip some wine and blog
- Oh Deer
- Bird Life
- The Right Kind of Weather
- The things you learn
- Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger w...
- The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
- Just another day in Paradise
- A lovely day with some distractions
- Happy Mother's Day
- Beautiful and Busy
- Pray today
- Sleep, Coffee, and Other Forms of Therapy
- Examine Your Own Motives
- Cinco de Mayo
- Not much to report since this morning. The T.V. pe...
- Playing the Waiting Game and Other Ramblings
- Hills and Valleys
- Pictures to Share
- Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
- New Kind of Morning
-
▼
May
(29)
0 comments:
Post a Comment