5.01.2009

New Kind of Morning


Given that we have been in the moving mode for an entire month now, this is a welcome delight. A new kind of morning for me. I am in our new house(and I mean new to us), sitting in the family room/kitchen area, seated on my beautiful red leather couch. I have the curtains wide open to the outside back yard. The sun is out and shining on different parts of trees and flowers. I am sipping my second cup of salvation brew and listening to Frank Sinatra. He sets the mood. I occasionally take a look through my peek a boo view of the lake. If you look through certain trees you can see the Seattle skyline as well. Heaven. I feel like a dream has come true.
The last couple of days have been very busy. Painting, cleaning, packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, children, school, more packing, more loading and unloading. It is all over now. Bob is over at the old house right now. He is working on the garage and loading up a few bags of charity items, tying up loose ends. I am supposed to meet him over there in a bit. I don't want to. It has been really nice to have him off of work for the last three days. He has been great, pep talks for me and my job scenario, keeping me motivated to clean and paint. We get to chat while we work and that is nice. I like it much better when we get to chat and give each other equal time instead of him talking at me. The kind of conversation where I don't get a word in edgewise.
Frank is singing "Fly me to the Moon". It doesn't get any better than that, his magical smooth voice, the powerful horn section and piano cuttin' it up.
Lots going on, company coming from Calif. in early June, my little cousin Natalie getting her computer, etc. I am dying to get over to her house and view this cool computer that will allow her to communicate. I will blog a whole post devoted to her soon. I will finish my cup o' joe and get my work clothes on. I will trudge over to the old house. I will have the attitude that "it will be the LAST time I have to do this trip ever again" oh yeah....

0 comments: