
Living in the high desert of So. Cal meant that we had ravens. They were a pain. You had to keep the lids on your trash cans because they were worse than coyotes. They would pick on a small animal, terrorize the Red hawks that we loved and were just a nuisance. Actually, they were alot like the coyotes that we had around so often. Flying Coyotes. Anyway, moving here, there are lots of Crows. The American Black crow. I pretty much thought of them as equal to the ravens in Calif. I hadn't thought much more about them until Bob mentioned some things about the crow. He is outside alot and has begun to observe the crows. They are very smart and funny. Bob likes to leave bread or stale crackers out for them on the lawn. He has them to the point where the pair that live in our yard are getting closer and closer to the house. The cats love to watch them. We found that if we feed them some bread or whatever they leave our bird feeder that we set up for small birds alone. The same goes for the squirrels. This varied wildlife invasion is only here to serve one purpose, entertainment for us and the cats. Now we are waiting for our bungee corn squirrel feeder. That promises to give us hours of redneck entertainment. I will post some video of that when it happens. We think the cats are gonna love that.
This was on my phone as it was sitting close by and I wanted to catch the crow eating the blueberry muffin.
Cut girls hair outside in the sunshine and mine is coloring away the gray as I type. Got some ribs and chicken breasts marinating in the fridge and will throw them on the grill later. Bob should be home in about an hour and half. I have watered all of my new plantings and seedlings as well. Now on to many more fabulous chores. Warmed up some lunch so thought I would take that time to blog a little...
5.17.2009
Bird Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
May
(29)
- Happy One Year Anniversary to my Blog
- Busy Busy Busy
- Think it, Act it, Become it
- Tuesday is Grumpy Day
- Long Weekends are Good Weekends
- Afternoon Break
- Small Town Shopping
- Memorial Day
- Sip some wine and blog
- Oh Deer
- Bird Life
- The Right Kind of Weather
- The things you learn
- Have tried like 15 times to log onto the blogger w...
- The Baby Takes Steps in Growing Up
- Just another day in Paradise
- A lovely day with some distractions
- Happy Mother's Day
- Beautiful and Busy
- Pray today
- Sleep, Coffee, and Other Forms of Therapy
- Examine Your Own Motives
- Cinco de Mayo
- Not much to report since this morning. The T.V. pe...
- Playing the Waiting Game and Other Ramblings
- Hills and Valleys
- Pictures to Share
- Pantry, Shelves, Home Improvement Stores
- New Kind of Morning
-
▼
May
(29)
1 comments:
Does Bob seem to find good in stuff like that? I still don't like those crows. My friend Teresa taught me how to accelerate when they are in the road rather than slowing down for them, like I usually do!
Post a Comment