3.08.2009

Cinderella


Bob called from Costco. They have kept him busy today with snow and ice removal in the parking lot. Pre-spring storm last night, snow was falling when I went to sleep last night. Pretty clear and wet this morning. The deck has some frozen hail remnants. He said he was kind of still bummed out about that rental house yesterday. I told him I understood how he felt. He suggested that we contact the owners in a couple of weeks to see if it had been rented. The owner explained that they were making some repairs and changes to the house so maybe, just maybe it might be enought to be worthwhile for us. I kinda doubt it.
Trying to finish up some chores today before we go over to my cousin's house for dinner. Her mother in law is visiting from Canada and we don't need much of an excuse to get together!!!
Girls are pouty, grouchy, teenagers. They think I am the meanest slave driver around. Oh well, it's a badge I wear proudly. Like Bob told them, "I work all week and then have to go to my Costco job on my day off". I didn't see them change their attitude immediately after that statement.
Will turn in Riley's "Notice of Acceptance" letter tomorrow. How exciting.
My parents will be here Tuesday. We are excited.
Off to do my share of chores, hoping to be a good example to my daughters as I cheerfully go about my tasks. Smiling, humming a happy tune, birds and butterflies flitting about my head, mice that sweep and scrub, much like the movie Cinderella.
Ummm... yeah right...I wonder if they sell glass slippers at Costco in a size 11?

0 comments: