
Happy almost belated St. Patrick's day. I made corned beef & cabbage for dinner to celebrate. Bob paid me a compliment. He said that was my best cornbeef/cabbage ever. It's funny, I probably put less effort into it this year than I ever have. I just didn't have or make the time. Riley had to be at the jr. high early for practice because she had a concert tonight. I had a haircut appointment at 9:30 down south, it takes me a half hour because of traffic to get to the stylist. I had to be back by noon to pick Riley up, minimum day due to parent teacher conferences. Riley's conference at 1:00 and it went well. Her teachers told me that she is quite social, compassionate towards others, not shy or intimidated and feel that she is doing well and making improvements in some areas that needed it. She is way up there in the reading, etc. but we are still struggling with math. She is my mirror image! Next week she will start to get tutored. Actually, she and Sid both are going to go to tutoring for math. Sid knows her stuff but is having some test anxiety and is falling behind because of it. She has had to have some things taken away until the math grade improves.
We had Riley's concert at 7:30. Bob was getting a little concerned that he may actually fall asleep during the performance. He gets up so early and it takes a toll, he is not the 26 year old I met and married. He was pleasantly surprised at the talent tonight. The 5th graders did a great job, 6th graders did an outstanding job, Jr. high band did a fabulous job and then there was the high school band. Whoa baby! They were so impressive and so professional and such a pleasure to listen to. At the end, the tradition is to have all of the different bands play together. It was amazing. Bob was so happy that he went and really did not feel tired at all once we got to hear those awesome bands. Sid had to stay home as she had tons of homework and that was fine with Ri as long as I took video of the performance. She had the kitchen all cleaned up for me. The plumber comes early tomorrow morning.
We get to sign the lease on the new house and do the walk thru. I am so excited. Can't wait to post some photos of the lake, etc. The owners were thrilled when I told them I would like to plant some hydrangeas and different flowers. Why wouldn't they be thrilled? It will just make it look all the nicer. Bulbs are a big thing up here and are blooming everywhere right now, I need to get my camera out and take some photos of all of the pretty flowers.
Thursday I will take stock of the new kitchen and buy cleaning supplies. I will start to move a few things over.
I am waiting to hear if I have a job or not, will hopefully hear something soon. I look forward to working again and getting out of the house.
I have to fling my head onto my pillow now, I am kind of pooped. Tomorrow promises to be another fun filled busy day. Eye yi yi.... I shoulda had a green beer when I had the chance!
3.17.2009
Green is my favorite color
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(279)
-
▼
March
(35)
- Listening, half watching American Idol. Love that....
- Yep, that is where the girls and I were today. Ri...
- Retail Therapy
- Extreme Home Makeover
- Happy Birthday Sister
- Slideshow
- Teachers are special people
- Quotes from Benjamin Franklin and other ponderings
- Motown Night
- It's Not that Bad
- One of Those Days
- Some Times it's Like...
- It's Political Today
- Hope Springs Eternal
- Sun on Saturday
- You can look but you can't touch
- Some thoughts, Some Photos
- Just Call Me June
- Here are a couple of pictures of Riley that I took...
- Green is my favorite color
- Make Gatorade
- Snow GO Away!
- Business is next to...
- To Move or Not to Move...
- Papa and Grammy are on a jet plane. They left Ariz...
- Gray, Weird Day
- Cinderella
- How do People make Decisions?
- Sunshiney Day
- Clean Your Clogs
- Good News does come in an E mail
- Know the name of a really good plumber?
- Days go by...
- Get into the groove
- Another Weekend Bites the Dust
-
▼
March
(35)
0 comments:
Post a Comment