3.25.2009

Motown Night


Tonight on American Idol it is Motown Night. For those who don't watch AI, there is a theme each week, like country or an artist like Michael Jackson. Usually a famous musician that has something to do with the theme or with that artist helps the contestants. Tonight, being Motown Night means that Smokey Robinson is the artist who helped the contestants. Bob and I love Smokey. I love Motown. Even though I was born in the mid 60's, I have listened to a lot of Motown. I love the history behind its inception, the history of the artists, etc...
Spent some time at the other house today. I am almost finished with the kitchen and almost finished with the girls bathroom. I have to go back to Freddie's and get a couple more rolls of shelf liner and that should finish that up. The house is super clean but there are a few things that needed to be done. No matter who cleaned with what, there are just certain things that you have to do yourself and give yourself peace of mind. SOooo.... the cleaning will end and the moving in begins. Yay...
Riley's Colonial Project is on Friday. All of her reports, etc. are due and the whole day at school is Colonial day for the fifth grade. I am in charge of the quilling station. I will help kids write colonial sayings in cursive with turkey feathers and walnut ink. Benjamin Franklin had lots to say and is responsible for many of the sayings and quotes we use to this day. If you have never read or seen a book or documentary about Ben, do so. You will be amazed at the things he invented. Yes, we all know about electricity but he was responsible for so much more. Sometimes the History Channel will have a documentary about him. Set your Tivo.
I had a woman make Riley's costume. She is a plantation owner's wife. I will take a couple of pics of her in it to share. She looks adorable in it. Riley has really embraced this whole project and knows so much about this period in history.
Sid is busy with her homework. American Idol does not help with concentration of the homework. It's too hard to NOT watch.
Tomorrow will be more of the same, and then I will be at the school all day Friday. Quilling, turkey feathers, walnut ink, parchment, oy...

0 comments: